Wow how good is that? Dexcom!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just spoken to my new consultant and he says I can have the Dexcom on the NHS 🙂:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good news,

That’s brilliant @Pumper_Sue.:D It seems only right considering your Addison’s and the challenge of taking steroids while balancing BGs.
Well when the CCG was originally asked to fund the Dexcom for me they refused stating they didn't fund anyone else so it wasn't fair to fund me oh and lots of people with diabetes took steroids!

The ignorance was outstanding because taking steroids and Addison's are two different ball games.

I will await with interest to see if the consultant can actually get me the funding even though NICE says it must be provided.
Obviously I wont hold my breath 🙂

Ah well Sue - you have had a lot of practice doing the latter so I daresay it's yet another thing you've had become your own expert at, over the decades ! At least you now have a consultant who is fighting your corner WITH you, for a nice change!

Woo hooo.. fabulous news! So pleased for you - and how scary is the ignorance of those on the CCG.

Woo hooo.. fabulous news! So pleased for you - and how scary is the ignorance of those on the CCG.
What was more scary was the fact the Dr involved with the CCG had a special interest in diabetes :( not sure that counted as having any knowledge though.
As we share the same CCG it will be interesting to see what happens.

New consultant is from Oxford I'm led to believe, as apt was endocrine due to other autoimmune conditions he just tacked on the comment that I was entitled to the Dexcom and he will sort it out for me and looking forward to meeting me in pump clinic soon.
I felt good vibes from him so have high hopes.

Wow that's brilliant news , I have an appointment with my consultant tomorrow, but the best I am hoping for would be Libre , don't think they would prescribe me a dexcom, but would love it if they did.

Ah that’s really great news @Pumper_Sue - well deserved, and you have ample evidence to show it works for you, but good to know it has happened 🙂

Fingers crossed there will be more people told the same over the coming year!

Ah that’s really great news @Pumper_Sue - well deserved, and you have ample evidence to show it works for you, but good to know it has happened 🙂

Fingers crossed there will be more people told the same over the coming year!
It hasn't happened yet 🙂 New consultant said I was entitled and he would apply for the funding. As to whether the CCG will fund it is another matter.
My CCG has been known to need major surgery for anal retention on numerous occasions 🙄

I just guffawed! - so had the explain to Pete and read out the comment and your response to him. He laughed appreciatively with you, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back