would you go back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,

I am just rying to get a balanced view of being on a pump so Alex has all the relevant information on which to help make his mind up- although he seems intent on getting a pump!

Would those of you who pump ever go back to MDI? If so, can you tell me why?
It appears to be much harder work on the pump? By that i mean although it improves overall control - there is an awful lot of hard work goes into that - which i assume takes more time than dealing with MDI? Thanks if you reply!🙂 Bev

No I would not go back to MDI. After sticking needles in myself for 43 years before I started to pump. It won't ever happen.
The best idea for Alex is to ask for a trial of a pump so he can see if he likes it or not. He can also have ago at inserting cannulas and perhaps using saline and going through all the motions of bolusing etc.

Thanks Sue,
I didnt know you could do a 'trial' run! Great idea! Although it does make sense -pumps are so expensive and the training that goes with it all! How long was it before you felt comfortable with the pump? Bev

Thanks Sue,
I didnt know you could do a 'trial' run! Great idea! Although it does make sense -pumps are so expensive and the training that goes with it all! How long was it before you felt comfortable with the pump? Bev

I just plugged mine in one Saturday morning after reading the manual and never looked back. By lunch time it was just part of me.
Everyone is different though. Some people take weeks/months to adjust to the pump and some never do so hand them back. My GP calls it my pocket pancreas and that's what it is. I poke it when I want feeding 🙂 It's just part of me now.

I just plugged mine in one Saturday morning after reading the manual and never looked back. By lunch time it was just part of me.
Everyone is different though. Some people take weeks/months to adjust to the pump and some never do so hand them back. My GP calls it my pocket pancreas and that's what it is. I poke it when I want feeding 🙂 It's just part of me now.

Hi Bev

I didn't have a problem either from day one. See for me its a gadget thing. I love gadgets and computer things so I had no problems at all. Neither does Jessica, she does her own pump and has been pretty much for over a year since 7 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back