Worth a try! Libre request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roisin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello to fellow libre users, I have a really big favour to ask and wonder if anyone would be willing to help me. I have been self-funding the libre for a long while now but to my horror have found there is a two week delay on sensors (presumably because of them being made available on prescription).

I am pregnant and the libre is a lifeline, it allows me to keep my blood sugar as low as possible but because I can check so regularly I'm able to stave off the frequent hypos.

I wondered if any of you kind people would be willing to sell me a sensor which I can then sell back to you when I receive my order in a couple of weeks time? I wouldn't ask if I wasn't desperate, I'm very anxious about things going wrong.

Kind regards
Roisin

When I ordered my last sensor, the message came up about a two week delay, but in fact I received it in the quickest ever time. It might be worth ringing Abbot and asking when they think they will be dispatched, they may be in the pipeline already.

When I ordered my last sensor, the message came up about a two week delay, but in fact I received it in the quickest ever time. It might be worth ringing Abbot and asking when they think they will be dispatched, they may be in the pipeline already.

Thanks Robin, I rang them yesterday and was told it would only add a couple of days on to the delivery, but at the moment the order says "On Hold" :( fingers crossed.

Sorry just thought I'd mention I wouldn't expect someone to buy one back, that sounds a bit strange! But incase you came across same delays x

Did you get sorted Roisin? Hope your well x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back