Worst hypo ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmal31

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had a hypo last night which was 2.9 so had a coke and chocolate started feeling a little better but half hour later I'm feeling a hypo coming on again and it's 3.3 so had another coke and waited 10 minutes and checked it to make sure it had come up again but after checking after 10 mins it's 3.2!???? I hadn't done anything unusual my lantus is what it's always been. So I have absolutely no idea what was going on there and why I couldn't get it above 4 for an hour and a half with three cokes and two pieces of chocolate. It was madness and this morning I woke up with it at 12.2 I was so annoyed that it was that high. So today I'm feeling so awful and really fed up with it all.

I feel like I only come on here and write when I'm having a bad time and think that u must all think that i winge too much.

Don't worry emma31, I expect there are other diabetics out there that have been through similar situations.

I used to have those days, that all i felt I was doing was eating just to keep my blood sugars at a good level - I think it was due to PMT!

Keep at it.

hi Emma dont worry like dd says all of us have these days just come on and have a rant or whatever we will all help you out where we can , keep your chin and keep at it

Heya,

Sorry to hear about that. I get days like that too. When one hypo turns into another. I use glucogel to sort myself out and that's pretty high power stuff for hypos and it took a whole 80 gramme bottle to sort me out when that last happened to me.

Chocolate may not be the best thing for a hypo - it has so much fat in it it can delay absorption. Hope your feeling a bit better now? Bev

Its a horrible situation. Did you try eating some carbs 10 mins or so after treating with sugar? Was it sugary coke or diet? sorry if I'm stating the obvious, I know I found it all very confusing (and still do) at times. Hope its been OK today.

I feel like I only come on here and write when I'm having a bad time and think that u must all think that i winge too much.

Not at all, but winge away if you need to!

I have times like that, when whatever I seem to do my levels will just not go back up, so frustrating.

I'm feeling a little bit better now just exhausted. I'm glad I can come on here and winge to people who know exactly how I feel and to know it's not only happening to me. If only we could forget about it once in a while

I'm feeling a little bit better now just exhausted. I'm glad I can come on here and winge to people who know exactly how I feel and to know it's not only happening to me. If only we could forget about it once in a while

Glad you're feeling a bit better - it is truly a horrible feeling and as you say leaves you feeling exhausted. I plan to forget about it all later - with Jooles Holland! 'Ello, we've been here before....🙂

Hey all,

I hate when that happens! you just feel that its never going to go away !!

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back