Worrying to much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys I just wanted to ask how ,any of you have trouble with worrying over anything and everything I dunno if it just me but lately i have been worrying over absoulutly eveything it is driving me mad and i think it brings my panic attacks on.my face goes totally pale and i start itching around my nose and face and start to sweat.My dad is exactly the same as it and when my mum was alive she did spend sometime in an institute when i was a little girl.I have never really thought about it an awful lot until i looked at my hands yesterday and realised i dont have a single nail left to chew on and the top of my forehead is all red.

Maybe you can try and work out what is stressing you out? For me that really helps, panic attacks, having a racing mind, OCD things coming out etc. generally mean that there is something underlying that is going on, some feeling that I can't quite identfy or feel. I need to try and stop and slow things down to work out what it is.
Hope that things feel a bit easier for you.

Maybe you can try and work out what is stressing you out? For me that really helps, panic attacks, having a racing mind, OCD things coming out etc. generally mean that there is something underlying that is going on, some feeling that I can't quite identfy or feel. I need to try and stop and slow things down to work out what it is.
Hope that things feel a bit easier for you.

I know what it is but i thought i was handling things well Sofaraway, I just beat myself up because i know im strong but i keep proving to myself im weak if you get me.It has made me quite ill in the past i have been sick.They is no point going to the GP the way things are with him right now, what does someone do when they have no confidence in the doctor and aint got no where to turn????

I don't know where you work but some places have employee assitance or occupational health that can organise a counsellor to talk things through with.

I think that you acknowledge what is happening and you are finding things hard at the moment is in no way weak. Can you talk to your partner about things? Does he know how you are feeling at the moment?

are i hope u stop stressing out steff, its not good for your bloods

I don't know where you work but some places have employee assitance or occupational health that can organise a counsellor to talk things through with.

I think that you acknowledge what is happening and you are finding things hard at the moment is in no way weak. Can you talk to your partner about things? Does he know how you are feeling at the moment?

Work is great with me could not ask for a better boss she is great.As for partner he is very difficult to approach as i have said in the past i cant talk to males at all hun very difficult, i was thinking his mum would be a good idea as i treat her like she was my own mum anyway.

I find that very low or high blood sugars can make you worry more about other things as well. It seems that when you feel below par you become more negative about things.

I find that very low or high blood sugars can make you worry more about other things as well. It seems that when you feel below par you become more negative about things.

Steff I find this to be true too. If my levels are high I can get really down and depressed. Maybe your worrying is linked to all your hypers?

Steff I find this to be true too. If my levels are high I can get really down and depressed. Maybe your worrying is linked to all your hypers?

it is part of it yeah, but imagine how you would feel if you are in my position i dont have a doctor i can turn to at the minute i have no idea where to turn rachel i have 0 confidence and 0 trust in the one person i thought i had that in.All the things stored up in my head are whizzing around 10 to the dozen and i feel like im in some kind of timebomb situation.

Hi Steff

I don't know if you have tried this and it doesn't work for everyone. Have a worry box, you write down your worries and put them in the box. Somehow doing that can allow you to detach yourself from the worry as you can always find it, it won't get lost. At the end of a week have a look at the worries and see what have gone.

I don't really know why you can't talk to your Dr but maybe the practice nurse could provide you with some support.

Take care

it is part of it yeah, but imagine how you would feel if you are in my position i dont have a doctor i can turn to at the minute i have no idea where to turn rachel i have 0 confidence and 0 trust in the one person i thought i had that in.All the things stored up in my head are whizzing around 10 to the dozen and i feel like im in some kind of timebomb situation.

Steff I did not mean the hypers are the only reason you are stressed out. I think you would have to be some sort of a wonder woman not to be stressed out with all the hassle you have had with the docs. Does it help if you write things down at all, and try and get some of the stuff out of your head?

Hi Steff

I don't know if you have tried this and it doesn't work for everyone. Have a worry box, you write down your worries and put them in the box. Somehow doing that can allow you to detach yourself from the worry as you can always find it, it won't get lost. At the end of a week have a look at the worries and see what have gone.

I don't really know why you can't talk to your Dr but maybe the practice nurse could provide you with some support.

Take care

I dont have one at the minute i left my surgery last week margie and im waiting to join my partners, my old go was a joke he thought pills was the answer to all my troubles thats despite my dsn saying injections would be perfect for me , i had an appointment last week anyway and it all came to a head, long story but thats the drift of it .I dnt have a practice nurse .ty for the box idea if i write it down though it upsets me more as it seems real writing it and seeing it there if you get me.

Steff I did not mean the hypers are the only reason you are stressed out. I think you would have to be some sort of a wonder woman not to be stressed out with all the hassle you have had with the docs. Does it help if you write things down at all, and try and get some of the stuff out of your head?

I can try........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back