worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
whilst in the process of having another hypo - my sugars have been so rubbish these past few weeks, gone from really low up to 15,16 even up to 19

I'm really worried my A1C is going to be higher than it should be. It was 7 last time, but I bet any money it'll be slowly going up. I'm not due it for a while but i cant help but worry that all these swings are going to affect it...

😡

Oh hon, it's not like you're doing this to yourself on purpose. I think it's a real concern, but if your A1c was at 7, you've been doing really well, so a rise wouldn't take you that much above that really good score, I would think?
Sorry I can't offer much real advice, but if you want to chat, send me a pm or something?

whilst in the process of having another hypo - my sugars have been so rubbish these past few weeks, gone from really low up to 15,16 even up to 19

I'm really worried my A1C is going to be higher than it should be. It was 7 last time, but I bet any money it'll be slowly going up. I'm not due it for a while but i cant help but worry that all these swings are going to affect it...

😡

Try not to worry too much Sam , at least you are aware there is a problem and have been trying to sort it out and improve things. Once you have moved and settled in Im sure you will be able to get back on track . 🙂

Oh hon, it's not like you're doing this to yourself on purpose. I think it's a real concern, but if your A1c was at 7, you've been doing really well, so a rise wouldn't take you that much above that really good score, I would think?
Sorry I can't offer much real advice, but if you want to chat, send me a pm or something?

thanks hun, its just really effing stupid yknow. Ive been working SO hard to get my levels down and then soon as my DSN tells me to change my doses BOOM i start swinging like no ones buisness. Its LAME. My aim is to get it to like, 6.5 or so, but right now I don't think I will.

Stupid diabetes can go away right now :(

Try not to worry too much Sam , at least you are aware there is a problem and have been trying to sort it out and improve things. Once you have moved and settled in Im sure you will be able to get back on track . 🙂

I really hope so. Maybe a change of clinic will help, and once the stress of finding full time work is over, maybe things will settle then. I don't know. But right now it sucks beyond sucking. 😡😡

I really hope so. Maybe a change of clinic will help, and once the stress of finding full time work is over, maybe things will settle then. I don't know. But right now it sucks beyond sucking. 😡😡

Exactly , once you have moved and have a decent doctor who will give you ketone test strips without a fight fgs and you will be in the right area to go to Northerners Hospital which is apparently excellent . Im sure things will be easier , although we all know Diabetes is a b**tard lol 😱😱

And it's fine to say that 🙂 It does suck.

beyond sucking 🙂

Exactly , once you have moved and have a decent doctor who will give you ketone test strips without a fight fgs and you will be in the right area to go to Northerners Hospital which is apparently excellent . Im sure things will be easier , although we all know Diabetes is a b**tard lol

ezzzzzactly - i am looking forward to having a decent team behind me!
And a GP who wont kick up a fuss when i go in for blood strips when i run out...stupid GP only prescribed me 1 box of 50...so Im in like...every few days atm despite asking them to change it...and i check my blood ALOT atm anyway. I went in on my birthday and picked up 4 boxes...11 days later I'm down to 1 box :O But alas, theywould kick up a stink if i went in and asked them to change my prescription again

LAME STUPID DIABETES

i wish i had chocolate!

Last edited:
I'm sure things will settle once you're sorted. You have been under a lot of stress which does all kinds of things to the sugar levels. Once you're settled and into a routine again things will look better. This will look like good experience from a learning point of you then, I know it feels bad now. Keep positive and let us know how you get on.

Sam,
I'm no expert but from what I've read stress can have alarming effects on levels so hopefully all will calm down once you have moved and settled into a new routine.
Just my tuppenneth
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back