worried sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
ive just done something i shouldn't have i tested my sisters blood with my meter and her results were 15.3 she is now panicking! help what can i say to stop her panicking!

When did she last eat? Were her hands freshly washed? Has she any symptoms, like thirst, needing the loo a lot, losing weight unexplainably? Non-diabetics can get higher readings, depending on what and when they ate, so don't panic - I'm sure this happens a lot!

no she has none of those symptons and had eaten about 2 hours ago, im not going to test her again! she is due to go to the dr's in a couple of weeks anyway, think she feels better now, thanks🙂

no she has none of those symptons and had eaten about 2 hours ago, im not going to test her again! she is due to go to the dr's in a couple of weeks anyway, think she feels better now, thanks🙂

Best not to jump to any conclusions then, the doctor will be able to give better tests, and wouldn't diagnose on the basis of one post-meal test.

thanks, i definatley wont be testing anyone again how ever much they ask me to!

Thats a good idea but i dont think i could cope with all the panicking! I do to much of that myself!! Im sure she will get good results, thank you🙂

One day we tried an experiment with my non diabetic son. He had a can of Dr. Pepper. We tested before he had the drink, he was about 5. Over the next couple of hours he went up to about 12 and then came back down again. Proved nicely the effects of fizzy drinks, and grown up son has got used to mummy doing these little experiments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back