Worried about going back to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had an operation on my frozen shoulder just over 2 weeks ago and have been off work to recover. When i went back to the doctor today he told me that i needed to take another 7 days off then i should be able to go back to work. My problem is that i told my work that i should be back this Monday coming but my recovery is taking longer than i thought. I just hope that they understand and don't give me a hard time when i do go back about the amount of sick time i have taken off. If this does happen is there any place or any one i can see to help support my case.

Have you got a welfare officer where you work? That might be a good start or some one from HR.

You have a valid reason for being away from work, so perhaps you have a supportive or understanding manager?

You are listening to the doctor, so you are doing the right things. I hope you feel better soon and things are sure to work out for you.

as long as your GP has written you a sick note then I would say you are safe.
Does your work have an occupational health department or access to that type of service, they may be of some help to you.

hope you get better soon

Try not to worry about it Steve, the week will soon pass so put your energies into getting better - it's far better for them to have you back fit and well than too early and possibly causing a setback in your recovery.

Hope you are feeling better soon!🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back