Worried about eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

the homer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi am worried about eating food and now got to the point that I can't eat and look at food . With having no teeth and no false teeth can get in to a dentist waiting 3 .
And very fussy on sort of veg and fruit and salad. I
I live on my own so don't want to be making to much I try to eat a very little portion.

Hi am worried about eating food and now got to the point that I can't eat and look at food . With having no teeth and no false teeth can get in to a dentist waiting 3 .
And very fussy on sort of veg and fruit and salad. I
I live on my own so don't want to be making to much I try to eat a very little portion.
Welcome to the forum
How about home made soups until you get your teeth sorted, you can use all sorts of vegetables which don't taste like veg if made into smooth soups.
Sugarfree jelly with cream or yoghurts.
Things made with minced meat should be easy to eat. Eggs in any form. Fish is soft.
Have a look at this link which may help you find things which are suitable. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
Don't forget you can always freeze extra portions for home made ready meals.

Welcome @Homer 🙂 Why can’t you look at food? I understand it will be hard until you get to a dentist, but is it pain stopping you looking at food or are you scared that it will put your blood sugar up? Or do you think you’ve developed some kind of disordered eating?

Soups would be good, and something like an omelette is soft too. Remember you can also purée or mash food to make it easier to eat.

Are you on any medication for the diabetes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back