World's Smallest Insulin Pump, Receives FDA Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amity Island

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted clearance to the Tandem Mobi insulin pump for use in people aged 6 years and older with diabetes.

Announced by Tandem Diabetes Care on July 11, 2023, the Tandem Mobi is billed as the world’s smallest durable automated insulin delivery device, with the device less than half the size of the t:slim X2 pump and able to fit in a coin pocket, be clipped to clothing, or worn on-body with an adhesive sleeve. The device also features a 200 unit insulin cartridge and is fully controllable from a mobile app or an on-pump button.

That’s what the Omnipod is missing the phone app, it’s not a major big deal carrying the pump about but it is an extra thing to remember / charge etc

It'd be handy, but my experience with Abbott's app faff-athon has got me loving my PDM even more LOL.
I don't love the PDM. I find the PDM so glitchy, it doesn't always realise you have responded to an alarm and keeps going off for no reason. Yesterday it had a right wobble, wouldn't let me enter the pin to unlock it. If it was 99% functioning it would be fine but its clunky. And this is my second as my first got broken, and its the same as the one before.

What I want is an app on my phone like my PDM, but more like mMySugr, I want to log my exercise and other things and have it all in a handy screen. Libre app is rubbish for recording unless you only have .5 units. And yes it can all go into Glooko but again needs cables and uploading.

I was talking about the Omnipod PDM @PhoebeC - confusion! Are you talking about the Libre? My Omnipod PDM doesn't have any alarms. :confused:

I was talking about the Omnipod PDM @PhoebeC - confusion! Are you talking about the Libre? My Omnipod PDM doesn't have any alarms. :confused:
Yes my Omnipod. Mine does for insulin suspension and it’s so annoying actually as you can turn it back on and it will go off again

Yes my Omnipod. Mine does for insulin suspension and it’s so annoying actually as you can turn it back on and it will go off again
Oh, I see. I've only suspended insulin once or twice on my Omnipod and I can't remember the beeps annoying me - but I'm pretty deaf without my hearing aids (which I only wear to work). 🙂 The less I use my phone for diabetes stuff, the better - the Libre app is royal PITB IMHO LOL. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back