Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forum @Jonel

One member @HOBIE (who still visits occasionally, but hasn’t posted for a little while) has been using a pump and working as an electrician, up and down ladders and working on site for many years.

What problems are you envisaging?

My son has been told that he wouldn't be able to do his job if he had a pump as it could affect his gas work. Will ask him what his supervisor actually told him. Thankyou for your prompt response

My son has been told that he wouldn't be able to do his job if he had a pump as it could affect his gas work. Will ask him what his supervisor actually told him. Thankyou for your prompt response

It will be interesting to hear what they say - I’ve certainly not heard of anything like that before. I wonder how much the employers know in detail about until in pumps, and what they believe the issues to be?

if anything I would have throught that the improved diabetes management and reduction in hypoglycaemia risk often associated with insulin pump use would have been an advantage!

I thought the same myself I will follow on from my post when I've got more information. Silly question unrelated but how do I sign out, not very technically minded

The only issue there is with pumps is that strong electromagnetism can damage them, doesn’t sound like the sort of thing you'd encounter in that line of work though. Or are they worried about the small chance of a battery operated device sparking an explosion? Basically if he's allowed to have a mobile phone or any other battery operated device with him then there shouldn't be any issue with a pump.

You can sign out under the ‘user control panel’ which is found by clicking your name in the blue bar at the top of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back