Work on saterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
I'll try and get in contact with my team for thier thougts on this as well.

So i work as a steward at differnt events. Its pretty much an as and when thing. On saterday. I have a shift which means getinh up around 5am to leave the house at ariund 6am for a 40 mintute walk to get picked up to travel to where the shift is at 7am. I usully take my morning livermir at around 8am so shall i just take it whille im traveling.

I would try to take it at the usual time. Don't panic if you are a little late (or early) but taking it at 5am, would be too early as, I understand, it lasts about 12 hours so you would have a double dose "on board" for 3 hours.

I tend to just set an alarm and take it wherever I am when the alarm goes off. Bed, car if I am travelling somewhere, stables if I am mucking out etc. I have even taken it on a horse drawn carriage when out early exercising the horses. Got to watch out for potholes though!
I always carry both my insulin pens with me wherever I go as everything is kept in my little back pack and it goes everywhere with me, day and night, that way I never have to think "Have I got everything I need?"

I would try to take it at the usual time. Don't panic if you are a little late (or early) but taking it at 5am, would be too early as, I understand, it lasts about 12 hours so you would have a double dose "on board" for 3 hours.
Yeah i thougt that would be the case. My evening one i actully take around 9

They actullty just updated the time i need to be there so im now going be geting up at 4.30am

They actullty just updated the time i need to be there so im now going be geting up at 4.30am
Any time starting with a number smaller than 5 only exists once per day in my life 🙄

If you are not used to getting up that early, keep an eye on your levels - a bad (or shortened) night's sleep can raise my levels. And, if I am due to get up earlier than usual, I wake every 30 minutes throughout the night to check to see if I have missed the alarm ... because my inner clock can be very stoopid sometimes.

Any time starting with a number smaller than 5 only exists once per day in my life 🙄

If you are not used to getting up that early, keep an eye on your levels - a bad (or shortened) night's sleep can raise my levels. And, if I am due to get up earlier than usual, I wake every 30 minutes throughout the night to check to see if I have missed the alarm ... because my inner clock can be very stoopid sometimes.
This is my work so ill have to just find ways of dealing with it. As i dont want this to stop me accepting shifts

Just hoping it doesnt go down another 30 mintutes 🙂

I tend to just set an alarm and take it wherever I am when the alarm goes off. Bed, car if I am travelling somewhere, stables if I am mucking out etc. I have even taken it on a horse drawn carriage when out early exercising the horses. Got to watch out for potholes though!
I always carry both my insulin pens with me wherever I go as everything is kept in my little back pack and it goes everywhere with me, day and night, that way I never have to think "Have I got everything I need?"
On new years eve i did inject my eveming lievermir in the cimema while frim was on when it was dark i did my best

Well turns out i dont need to worry about this now as im now not working.

Reactions: gll
On new years eve i did inject my eveming lievermir in the cimema while frim was on when it was dark i did my best
I have a tiny little torch on my key ring - for finding key holes in the dark - maybe add one to your essentials carry?
I found them at the supermarket for very little cost and they are so useful and discrete.

Most mobile phones have a torch to save you carrying an extra one.

Most mobile phones have a torch to save you carrying an extra one.
My moibpe torch is redicoulslly bright it would have beem notiiced

My moibpe torch is redicoulslly bright it would have beem notiiced
Just do the injections before or after the film then if you’re worried about shining the torch at people. Its not safe to inject if it’s dark, you won’t be able to check you’re using the right pen and right dose, or see that insulin comes out with the airshot.

Just do the injections before or after the film then if you’re worried about shining the torch at people. Its not safe to inject if it’s dark, you won’t be able to check you’re using the right pen and right dose, or see that insulin comes out with the airshot.
Not so dark that couldnt see anytjing just dim i coulf tell whiich pen i was using epsailly if as its doosabpoly and my novorapid pen is a reusual one but cpuld see the pen anyway and could tell wjich dose i was doing

I inject in the dark every morning and sometimes through the night if I need a correction. If I was blind I would have to, so I don't see a problem with it. My pens are always in a particular order in the case. I do my air shot and then tap the pen on the back of my hand to check that insulin is coming out. I can feel a tiny drop of cold insulin land on the back of my hand quite easily and then inject. I have it off to a fine art and I can even replace the sleeve on the needle before i put the pen lid back on. The twice I have injected from the wrong pen were both with the light on but wasn't fully concentrating. In the dark I have to concentrate!

If it's dangerous dosing in the dark, that's rather unfortunate for blind people on insulin.
I would say it is not a problem if you can distinguish the correct pen, feel the airshot and count the pen clicks.

I would say it is not a problem if you can distinguish the correct pen, feel the airshot and count the pen clicks.
At least the disposable pens have markings distinguishing the types. Levemir has a smooth end and Novorapid has two lines (easy to feel).

At least the disposable pens have markings distinguishing the types. Levemir has a smooth end and Novorapid has two lines (easy to feel).
Well the fact that one was diosponalbe and the other was reusrmeale made it even eaiser to tell which pen i was using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back