Work is biggest cause of stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Work is the biggest cause of stress in people?s lives with one in three people (34%) saying their work life was either very or quite stressful, research from Mind has found.
The survey of over 2,000 people revealed that the main cause for workplace stress was frustration with poor management and that work was regarded as more stressful than debt or financial problems (30%) or health issues (17%).

http://www.wsandb.co.uk/wsb/news/2256065/work-is-biggest-cause-of-stress

Oh yup can relate 100% to this and the part about poor management, the time ive spent fretting over stuff regarding work is stupid

I've thought about this a lot over the years Steff!

It is potty, because if you don't feel you are being managed properly, it doesn't actually encourage you to give it your all does it? and you may start thinking 'well you don't deserve the best out of me or anyone else', but there again if you don't all give it your best - perhaps the company will fail in which case you'll have no wages - so it would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

So it's Heads you win - Tails I lose LOL

I've thought about this a lot over the years Steff!

It is potty, because if you don't feel you are being managed properly, it doesn't actually encourage you to give it your all does it? and you may start thinking 'well you don't deserve the best out of me or anyone else', but there again if you don't all give it your best - perhaps the company will fail in which case you'll have no wages - so it would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

So it's Heads you win - Tails I lose LOL

Yup yup and yup TW, times I've said to o.h why am I putting all this effort in when I'm not feeling appreciated one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back