Work and Type 1

Nanan

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am struggling today. Days of relentless high blood sugars are taking its toll and I am tired. The highs are not self inflicted it just has a mind of it's own at times How do others manage T1D and work? I could do with a day sleeping

Hi @Nanan and welcome to the forum.
I am sorry you are struggling with high BG today.

Type 1 diabetes certainly feels as if it has a mind of its own at times and we have been "together" for over 20 years.
I notice from your other thread that you were diagnosed this year so you are in your honeymoon period (your body has not killed off all the insulin producing beta cells yet) and this can make diabetes management more challenging, usually when some dormant beta cells temporarily wake up.
However, with so many things that can affect BG like stress and exercise and illness and time of day and ... there is always something for Type 1 to remind you it is around.

Can you share a bit about what insulins you are using, how you calculate your dose (are you on fixed dose or carb counting) and what sort of "patterns" you are seeing on your CGM ... I assume you have Libre or Dexcom? And what is your work? You don't have to go into detail but there will be differences between something physical like tree surgeon or something stressful like managing a safety critical software support team.

Sorry for answering your question with another question but I don't want to suggest something that you do not have the tools (insulin, etc.) to use.

Back