woriied about corrections

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
if correct with a meal i tend to worry if my correct with a meal i tend to worry that if will send me too low just ate diner just a swanich and corrected using a new correction ratio but the libres all reading saying i'm fulling fast

What’s your blood sugar? I sometimes have a glucose tablet if I feel I’m dropping too fast when I’m eating or shortly after.

What’s your blood sugar? I sometimes have a glucose tablet if I feel I’m dropping too fast when I’m eating or shortly after.
looks like the its steadying out the areo was just puting stright down. when i had diner libre said 12.6 blood 11.4 was going to giv mylef 2.5 units gave myslef 3 instead.

I spoke to soom

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-27-17-30-43.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-27-17-30-43.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 17
i check with a finger pick as it said glugose reading unavaibe and it said 8.3 so hopfully its just checking up. i ate around half 4

i dont think they quite work out my corection ratio at first it was 1 unit to bring me down 3 but at the lest unit they sad try doing 1 unit to bring me down 4 hece the half unit extra. maybe i just waited two long to eat my swanwich

Perhaps, but sometimes I find my insulin just randomly kicks in quickly. It’s annoying but as long as you’re keeping an eye on things you’ll be ok.

My correction dose is 1 unit brings me down 4mmol but late evening it’s 1 unit brings me down 6-7mmol. Sometimes Type 1 is very weird!

i'm acutlly curenntl sing a differnT insulin to carb radito with evey meal but i'm not sure thats working i'm going to speak to my team in the morning. aslo i wonder if i should have split my deose for my susi i eat at lunch. we didn't stay at 8 for veyy long because know i'm back up 12.9 acording to the libre. i did wonder if my libre went a bit rong this morning

having libre tends to cause me axitty

I didnt stay below 10 very long apartlly

thinking i might go back to trisba after a few days if i'm still geting problems not sure im geting on with livemir maybe i need to test it.

Have you tried having a Libre holiday?
When your current sensor expires, you may benefit from having a break and just testing before eating and bed and if you feel uncertain.

I did because because alp failed but them sometimes i was testing before eating a litle bit while after eating and if in felt shaky but sometimes inwould worry wbout missing lows

Why not stop using the libre for a bit if it causes you anxiety and instead fingerprick before meals, before driving, before and during exercise, when you feel ill, and at times you tend to go low.

You don’t have to have it if it’s making you anxious 🙂 Stick to finger pricks if you prefer. You can then just do a routine of fingerpricks. If you get a low or high result on the Libre, do finger prick. I believe it’s less accurate, especially with high sugars.

just did anothe half unit coreection now i'm woried about that.

well half woried that it wont work and half wordied that it will work too much

I think that until you work out your corrective dose .Everytime you do a corrective dose maybe change it by a unit or half a unit and see how much that affects you BG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back