Woooooooopeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,

Just thought i would share the news with you - we have been given a date for the pump start -25th August!:D
As i hadnt heard from our team i took matters into my own hands and rang medtronic - who said they had been waiting for someone to confirm one of 2 dates they had offered! No-one had bothered to tell me what they were or asked if either was ok (which of course they would have been) - so i am glad i rang - otherwise we could have missed the date offered - it is a little too close to A starting school - but as long as he is pumping i am sure we will be able to tweak as we go! I will be re-reading the 'pump' threads with interest!🙂
A wanted me to make him a pouch as he is worried it may catch on things - so he has chosen suede material complete with a monkey motif! So i am off to my sewing machine now.🙂Bev

Woooop! Congratulations Bev! Excellent news. All this talk of pumping is making me think of getting one now. So much so that I've been reading up on the various models that are available. I like the look of the Medtronic Veo though I have the feeling that the pump my trust dishes out is the Accu Chek Spirit.

Tom

Hi Tom, as far as i know you are allowed to choose your own. Our clinic use roche pumps - but i asked for the medtronic and its not a problem.🙂Bev

Fab news, Bev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How exciting! Now we can compare notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did not get a choice. We got the Veo and it is black.

🙂🙂🙂

Bev, that's wonderful news - and big congratulations to you for all the hard work you put in to make it happen, you're a real inspiration to others I'm sure!🙂

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy welll done bev thats great news bet you cant wait x

This is GREAT news Bev and Alex, I really am soooooo pleased! And well done for calling medtronic, there is no reason why we should be powerless through this process, good for you for putting in the call!

I'm sure this will be life changing Bev and really wish you both all the best. Get your nose in the books!

Tom- I think it is with NICE approval now that the patient should have a choice in pumps. At my clinic we only had the medtronic, but a friend of mine from dafne really wanted the animas waterproof pump this year and he got it! I tell you, once a rep sniffs out they acn get a foot in the door in a new clinic you get absolute first class treatment! And because of my friend, I was also given the choice of the animas or the medtronic which i was really grateful for. Tom if you do end up giving some serious consideration to it, really make sure you get the right pump for YOU!

Well done and congratulations Bev and A !!!!! 🙂🙂🙂🙂

Thats awesome news bev.....and for A too...I'm so excited and pleased for you.....I cant wait to read your posts.....:D:D...BRILLIANT........:D

Heidi
xx🙂

A wanted me to make him a pouch as he is worried it may catch on things - so he has chosen suede material complete with a monkey motif! So i am off to my sewing machine now.🙂Bev

That sounds fab, you'll have to post a picture up on here when it's done!

Thats great news!!!!!!!!!! So pleased for you both 🙂🙂🙂

Congratulations! I bet you are well chuffed. My consultant has accepted me today for the pump so he reckons it should take about 8 weeks max until I'm pumping!

Thats great news!!!!!!!!!! So pleased for you both 🙂🙂🙂

Hi Tracey, It must be very soon your getting your pump? Sorry if you have already got it and i have missed your thread - been on holiday!🙂Bev

Hi Tracey, It must be very soon your getting your pump? Sorry if you have already got it and i have missed your thread - been on holiday!🙂Bev

No not yet, my nurse has been on holiday for 3 weeks!!:( waiting to hear, cant be long now fingers crossed, bet you are bth excited. 🙂

Thats great news Bev!

I think clinics tend to use one pump but you should have the choice, it might need the rep to come and do the teaching and the start up if the nurses are not familiar with a different pump.

Fab news Bev. Well done for all your hard work to get to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back