Wont be using bayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thought I'd try the Bayer Breeze as it arrived on my doorstep this morning.

First test result 3.5! Thought it was wrong as I felt ok so tested on my OneTouch Ultra2 - 7.1!

dktfg frsed b, rtd rd HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bayer contour has some testing fluid. Do you have something that you can check your meter with? Also, maybe it was just a duff test strip?

Of course, there is always some variation with the readings (but I guess not that much!! 🙂 )

Did you do all the usual regimerole, wash hands, makes sure nothing on the fingers to contaminate the test, the meter will have some control solution with it or it should and you can do a test on a strip just to see if things match up.

Just going off topic i have just recieved an email from diabetes.co.uk telling me to enter a comp to win either a contour or a breeze 2.If i win i will get to know via email

lol I think thats how i got mine - though I never got an email lol.
"You recently replied to an offer to recieve a free BREEZE2 Blood Glucose Meter. Although you request was received after the offer was completed, we would nonetheless like to give you a new Breeze2 with our compliments"

Errr Thanks?

lol I think thats how i got mine - though I never got an email lol.
"You recently replied to an offer to recieve a free BREEZE2 Blood Glucose Meter. Although you request was received after the offer was completed, we would nonetheless like to give you a new Breeze2 with our compliments"

Errr Thanks?

lolol thats how i got to know i was recieving a contour it came and then i got the email 🙂

That's how it seems to work. The various comapnies knock out their meters for free or next to nothing then make their money on the test strips.

i have never had a problem with my contour apart from not being able to connect the usb, tryed everything, apprantlet they are the most accurate on the market it might be your one touch tht is not rading propely?😱

I really trust my OneTouch - when I feel low im usually low. When I feel High I get a high reading. Mine might just b a dud

I have a Bayer Contour. It's the only meter I've ever had and therefore I have nothing to compare it with.

However, when I attempted to calculate my latest HbA1c before getting the actual result (based on my last 90 days readings and using a formula to convert average glucose to HbA1c percentage), the calculation based on those readings indicated 5.5%; in the event, the lab result came in at 5.6%. I guess what I'm saying is that my Contour meter seems reasonably accurate.

Last edited:
whe i was having trouble with graham meter i was testing on my finger and one came out 9.3 and one after less than a minute was 8 different finger and i am not even diabetic then i really thought WHAT A BIG DIFFERENCE how really accurate the readings are on any meter????

clean lol i use my arm as having one hand makes fingers really sore esp at mo where im testing even more while I try and get it right x

smile4loubie,

Oops! It was Graham's Mum my question was for, but on reflection, I guess it applied to you too! 🙂

But anyway, how clean's your arm? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back