Wonky needles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Anybody help me out? the new batch of needles i opened last night seem to be wonky, when i inject i felt nothing and when i hold them up and look at them there not straight, am i ok to keep using or should i get new ones?

Anybody help me out? the new batch of needles i opened last night seem to be wonky, when i inject i felt nothing and when i hold them up and look at them there not straight, am i ok to keep using or should i get new ones?

Hi steffie, Are you saying they might be gay, as they are not straight?:D Seriously though, if they are not causing you any problems and your blood sugars are still okay, I, myself, would still use them. Sheena

Hi steffie, Are you saying they might be gay, as they are not straight?:D Seriously though, if they are not causing you any problems and your blood sugars are still okay, I, myself, would still use them. Sheena

LMAO lol Sheena .
yeah bloods are still ok and all that jazz.OH said i was being paranoid maybe i am 🙄

Hi steffie i would say a quarter of my box of bd microfine sml dont work as no insulin comes out of them very annoying what needles do you use 🙂

If the needles don't look or work properly you should return them as it may be a bad batch that the manufacturers can alert other users to - you might be able to manage, but there may be others who don't realise and end up with bad levels as a consequence. I haven't come across this problem myself in the 6,000+ injections done so far!

Hi steffie i would say a quarter of my box of bd microfine sml dont work as no insulin comes out of them very annoying what needles do you use 🙂

6mm microfine hun

If the needles don't look or work properly you should return them as it may be a bad batch that the manufacturers can alert other users to - you might be able to manage, but there may be others who don't realise and end up with bad levels as a consequence. I haven't come across this problem myself in the 6,000+ injections done so far!

Thing is when i went lower into the box they were ok and did not look wonky, so what i did on my last injection was opened up the ones on the top and threw them leaving me with the ok ones.

LMAO lol Sheena .
yeah bloods are still ok and all that jazz.OH said i was being paranoid maybe i am 🙄

No steffie you aren't being paranoid,just cautious, which is not a bad thing. Can I ask you what LMAO means(still trying to find out whats what)Sheena🙂

Take them back to where you got em from and ask for some more. If your local pharmacy is any good it'll send them back to BD or whereever they came from and complain.

No steffie you aren't being paranoid,just cautious, which is not a bad thing. Can I ask you what LMAO means(still trying to find out whats what)Sheena🙂

I have sent you a PM x

Take them back to where you got em from and ask for some more. If your local pharmacy is any good it'll send them back to BD or whereever they came from and complain.

ok thank you rach shall let you know the outcome.

Hmmm i dont think i have found any wonky needles in the box, the only time it happens is if i accidently knock the pen against something before i inject (have stupidly done this on my finger before! yes it hurt)

If they were reallt wonky i would take them back coz more of the same boxes could have been sent out to other people, so they may have to do a recall or something?

solving pharmacy problems - with a chat

Just wondered if you are priming needles as usual (assuming you can with Byetta injection devices, or perhaps they prime themselves automatically. Actually, that's one of the advantages of not changing needles each time - fluid is left in the needle metal shaft.

However, if they really are faulty, then definitely take back to pharmacy. I recently had a related problem with "not fit for purpose" items - I collected 4 boxes of 5 x 3ml cartiridges Humalin I (about 6 months supply); as usual, in chemist, checked they were the right insulin, but when I got home and was putting in fridge, noticed that all had expiry date of end 08 2010, so I wouldn't be able to use them before they expired. So, went back to pharmacy (3 days later, due to later working, running after working in another city etc), pharmacist said she'd order replacements, swapped these after weekend, when order came back. So, all sorted, but it took me 2 extra trips to pharmacy, 2 different pharmacists both apologised and said they shouldn't have had such short date stock in their fridge. I wasn't really annoyed, and it's always nice to chat about running, triahtlons with one of them. An old friend of mine is a pharmacist in another city (we know each other through TA / adventure racing / mountain marathons etc), who tells me to "keep talking running to your pharmacist - it's nice to chat about interesting things". So, there's a tip for helping your pharmacist and getting good service.

Saw a BBC TV programme called FAKE BRITAIN a few of weeks ago, where they showed FAKE 6mm Novofine needles. Maybe they are a batch of those. Take them back to the pharmacist.

Saw a BBC TV programme called FAKE BRITAIN a few of weeks ago, where they showed FAKE 6mm Novofine needles. Maybe they are a batch of those. Take them back to the pharmacist.

thanks everyone there going back with me tomorrowe when i do my shopping.

I saw that programme too, really scarey not just for the needles but all the other stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back