Wondering re changing ratios

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ok, so first day at work so obviously nerves may have played a big part in this...sugars have been running high today despite me doing things normally. Breakfast was ok, and I was at 6.x before getting into work. Checked at break 7.7 - ok so have a snack and bolus. Later 12.x - correct it and then lunch comes and I'm 13.0 - I eat as per normal but add a correction on and then didn't eat it all cuz I felt a bit rubbish. Two hours later and I was 18.9

So, lunch ratios? I am sitting around at work atm in a classroom so maybe that's a mix along with nerves? I'm thinking of putting my ratios from 1:9 to 1:8 tomorrow just to see what happens?

It's just odd because I didn't do anything different.

Hypoed when I got home. First one of the day...I'm expecting more. Obviously I overcorrected that 18.9...

Ok, so first day at work so obviously nerves may have played a big part in this...sugars have been running high today despite me doing things normally. Breakfast was ok, and I was at 6.x before getting into work. Checked at break 7.7 - ok so have a snack and bolus. Later 12.x - correct it and then lunch comes and I'm 13.0 - I eat as per normal but add a correction on and then didn't eat it all cuz I felt a bit rubbish. Two hours later and I was 18.9

So, lunch ratios? I am sitting around at work atm in a classroom so maybe that's a mix along with nerves? I'm thinking of putting my ratios from 1:9 to 1:8 tomorrow just to see what happens?

It's just odd because I didn't do anything different.

Hypoed when I got home. First one of the day...I'm expecting more. Obviously I overcorrected that 18.9...

I was always told not to change things unless you see a pattern. It could be the stress and lack of activity (you've been doing lots of walking, so a lack of it today could be pushing levels up). If it were me I would see what happens tomorrow and then make changes on Wednesday in terms of ratio.

I was always told not to change things unless you see a pattern. It could be the stress and lack of activity (you've been doing lots of walking, so a lack of it today could be pushing levels up). If it were me I would see what happens tomorrow and then make changes on Wednesday in terms of ratio.

there's an idea :D Stress and nerves probably played a part. Plus the oddness of my one digestive bar pushing me up to 13.0 pre lunch 😱 rude chocolate bar 😱

Hopefully its just a blip and tomorrow once the learning gets more intense levels will level out again. If not, I'll play a tidgy bit on weds.

Roll on my pump yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back