Woman with epilepsy 'robbed' during seizure in Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A woman with epilepsy had her purse stolen by a bogus Good Samaritan while she lay unconscious in a city centre street, West Midlands Police has said.

The force said two women went to the 25 year old's aid after she "blacked out" and collapsed in Summer Row, Birmingham.

When she regained consciousness she found her purse was missing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-26696724

Words fail me :(

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine after a car accident. She was sat there, bleeding out, trapped in the car, and someone nicked her mobile off the passenger seat! She survived, by the way.

A woman with epilepsy had her purse stolen by a bogus Good Samaritan while she lay unconscious in a city centre street, West Midlands Police has said.

The force said two women went to the 25 year old's aid after she "blacked out" and collapsed in Summer Row, Birmingham.

When she regained consciousness she found her purse was missing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-26696724

Words fail me :(
Big believer in what goes around comes around...

Big believer in what goes around comes around...

Not so sure about that. The drunk driver that hit her head-on at 90 miles an hour in a 30 zone got a four month suspended sentence. AND at the time he was banned for drink-driving. She nearly died. Where's the justice?

Sorry for the rant...😱

Hope someone recognises the women, and that the Police secure the evidence to prosecute whoever was apparently responsible, then the Courts come to the right decision. I say "apparently", because theft / robbery etc is not proven until Court case.

Not so sure about that. The drunk driver that hit her head-on at 90 miles an hour in a 30 zone got a four month suspended sentence. AND at the time he was banned for drink-driving. She nearly died. Where's the justice?

Sorry for the rant...😱

I am perpetually astonished by the leniency of some driving penalties. For me, that should have been life. :(

Sorry for the rant...😱
Sorry to hear about your friend, and how he got off with a suspended sentence is beyond belief, let's hope in time one way or the other he gets what he deserves.....

Sorry to hear about your friend, and how he got off with a suspended sentence is beyond belief, let's hope in time one way or the other he gets what he deserves.....

Thanks Pete. 🙂 Let's send the boys round...😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back