Woman Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does your time of the month effect your levels? I've never really paid much attention but seeing as stress, illness,hormones etc all effect them I was wonder if this did or what else does too x

Mine are affected, I also go mad for chocolate too, so it is a toss up, the hormone levels affecting the sugar levels or the chocolate affecting the sugar levels. Time of the month, lack of chcolate and too high levels all give me the grumps...

Hi Lou apart from making me a nighhmare to be around i also get what caroline says a real craving for choccie, i aint really paid much attention to my levels but im on at the moment and i dont notice any changes x

Last edited:
Hiya, I find mine are affected a wee bit, but like the others have said I crave choc then so dont know if that has something to do with it. I also crave pasta, rice, potatos then as well...

Not sure about levels, will keep an eye on them next time & see what happens. But i want to eat EVERYTHING!! My craving arent specific at all, just give me food and keep it coming 😱

I get a high blood sugar just before and then a day or two of lows. Sometimes I can have a whole day where I struggle to get to a functional level no matter what I eat. Secretely I enjoy these days!! But not if I've absolutely got to be somewhere and cant get out of the house without a hypo. DSN says she's heard the same story from other women.

I wish I knew to be honest - ain't had once since I started messing about with my Freestyle Lite! And that's due to age rather than anything else....

I wish I knew to be honest - ain't had once since I started messing about with my Freestyle Lite! And that's due to age rather than anything else....

ooh had me excited then 😛

I'm the same as Flutterby - a couple of days of highs before (and obviously high, not just a little bit!), followed by lows. The best thing to do is test and see what happens. 🙂

My red cell count drops through the floor and I can go hypo during, but I do get a bit high just before.

I've wondered that myself...my periods have gotten heavier since diagnosis (i blame the metformin) and i think that like Alison, i get a bit anaemic. I'm even dopey-er than usual (and if this week is anything to go by, i'll be comatose....), grumpy and a danger to life, limb and upholstery. Apart from that i'm fine.....😛

Lol - not me Steff - too old for that malarky! 😱

I'm getting that way, mine are getting less frequent, so infrequent that when I was asked if I had any spare things with wings I had two un opened packs from the last time!

I'm getting that way, mine are getting less frequent, so infrequent that when I was asked if I had any spare things with wings I had two un opened packs from the last time!

i ONLY get mine every 3 month

Cor I wish mine were only every 3 months!!! I used to have mine almost every 2-3 weeks and was on for 2 weeks. Doc have no idea why but they seemed to have stopped doing that now & are once a month for 5 days. I HATE THEM!!

Sometimes I go 4, but I am nearly 52, so I know why mine are becoming less frequent. To be honest I can do without the mess...

I know with me as well something went wrong in child birth and i was told it would happen by the consultent, to be honest its a god send there so infrquent

I've not had one since mid Jan....good bye and good riddance is what I say. Having said that I expect I'll get one come on with a vengeance now! 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back