Wireless monitor 'relieves pressure' on nursing staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The NHS is starting to test a sticking-plaster-sized patient-monitoring patch.

Placed on the chest, it wirelessly transmits data on heart rate, breathing and body-temperature while the patient is free to move around.

Independent experts say the system, developed in Britain, could ease pressure on wards and has the potential to monitor patients in their own home.

But the Royal College of Nursing says there is no substitute for having enough staff.

Routine checks for vital signs - including temperature, blood pressure and heart rate - are a key part of care and safety in hospitals.

Typically they may be carried out every four hours, depending on the patient's condition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-28317509

I like the fact that Prof Timothy Coats is part of a revolution in wearable technology :D

I like the fact that Prof Timothy Coats is part of a revolution in wearable technology :D

That's an example of "nominative determinism" — an especially good one is that the fastest man in the world is Usain Bolt. 😉

That's an example of "nominative determinism" — an especially good one is that the fastest man in the world is Usain Bolt. 😉

I was seen by a doctor at the eye hospital called Dr Lash. His first name was Stephen, but it would have been great if his parents had named him Ian! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back