Will old Freestyle Libre Sensor work with New Libre Reader 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy777

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Another fine mess. DSN unexpectedly brought me a Reader 2 this morning, ln exchange for my old reader 1. She knew I was awaiting delivery of new Sensors for my old reader but neither of us (actually, the four of us, she brought a colleague along) gave any thought to their compatibility. The 2 new sensors arrived just after the DSN left and I opened the new sensor before realising.
Please, please tell me that I can still use the 2 items together just for bs readings (not alarms)

I know you can use the Libre 1 reader with Libre 2 sensors so my guess would be that you can do it the other way around but I couldn't be 100% confident.
Have you tried asking Abbott? Maybe their online chat system would be able to confirm? Otherwise, you could try phoning their freephone number.

Ring your DSN and ask her to bring back your old scanner
Thx Benny,
we can't hear on phones but had already emailed her and still awaiting a reply. Is the chat on Abbotts website likely to be aural?

The "chat" function is live written chat but there are things they won't deal with and tell you to call so keep that in mind

You can use the app on a compatible phone.

I don't think the Reader 2 is backwards compatible.

View attachment 20244
Thank you so much, Benny. Now I'll be able to come here for future references.
DSN is bringing old reader back tomorrow for me to keep for 5 weeks. My introduction to CGMs happened just when new tech was introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back