Widening UK access to pump technology in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree , lots more pumps should be available for lots more people

My God, DUK actually doing something worthwhile.

Lol, you have to be joking Tom.
I think you will find all that work was done by INPUT. DUK have a habit of taking credit where it's not due 🙄

All the info has been on the INPUT website for quite awhile as well.

Lol, you have to be joking Tom.
I think you will find all that work was done by INPUT. DUK have a habit of taking credit where it's not due 🙄

All the info has been on the INPUT website for quite awhile as well.

Hopefully though it will bring it to a wider audience by DUK mentioning it on their site as well. I know that many members who are long-term DUK members who know very little about pumps - maybe because their teams are poorly informed, or perhaps because they are long-term injectors who have been 'left to get on with it' because their control is reasonable. Unless you are actively seeking out information about pumps in the UK you may not even know about the possibility of getting them and may be unaware of the Input site.

The pump in the picture looks very small, last time I seen one up close was around 10 years ago when I worked with a chap with type 1, his was twice the size as the one shown which means technology is certainly moving forward in keeping them less intrusive, soon they'll be the size of a matchbox.

The pump in the picture looks very small, last time I seen one up close was around 10 years ago when I worked with a chap with type 1, his was twice the size as the one shown which means technology is certainly moving forward in keeping them less intrusive, soon they'll be the size of a matchbox.

The patch pumps (Cellnovo and OmniPod) certainly aren't much bigger than matchboxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back