Why would anyone want an eyeball tattoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The sentencing of a convicted criminal with an eyeball tattoo in an Alaskan court has drawn attention to an unusual form of facial decoration - one that is less than a decade old, but winning new converts all the time.

Jason Barnum, 39, who pleaded guilty to the attempted murder of a policeman, has ornate tattoos on his head and part of his face - teeth on his cheek, an eyeball in middle of his forehead. But even more dramatically, the white of his right eye has been tattooed jet black.

Arguing for the prosecution, Anchorage Police Department Chief Mark Mew urged the judge to take a look at Barnum's face which, he said, showed the convicted criminal had "decided a long time ago that his life was about being hostile to people".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30750361

OMG! 😱

I saw this earlier and it makes me cringe! I don't really like tattoos anyway (sorry to any tattoo fans out there!), I know they are more fashionable these days than they once were, but they are not for me! The eyeball ones look horrible, and I can't imagine the pain of having it done either 😱 Each to his own I suppose.

Has anyone been watching that Bodyshockers programme with Katie Piper? (the lady who had acid thrown in her face, has had to have endless operations just to make her face look somewhere near normal and now can't understand why people would want to deliberately mutilate themselves.). She visits various people who have dodgy tattoos/piercings/implants/any other cosmetic procedure which they now regret and gets them talking to other people who are thinking of having the same procedure done. There's some truly shocking stuff on there - rubbish tattoos that surely even a tattoo fan couldn't possibly like, piercings, stretched earlobes... They had a guy on from Germany who said stretched earlobes are boring because everyone has them now and he wanted to do something unique. So he has pierced his cheeks and stretched the holes so that you can see his teeth through the side of his face and he can stick his toothbrush in through the hole to clean them 😱😱

Makes you wonder how he manages to eat anything! 😱

I'm not personally a fan of tattoos. Some of them can look good if the right tattoo on the right person in the right place, but I've never been that keen on the colours they use. Not too keen on piercings either (always think that those nose studs look like spots 😱), I guess I'm pretty boring!

He would scare the hell out of me if I saw him in the street! 😱

I'm not personally a fan of tattoos. Some of them can look good if the right tattoo on the right person in the right place, but I've never been that keen on the colours they use. Not too keen on piercings either (always think that those nose studs look like spots 😱), I guess I'm pretty boring!

My Sophie has 9 ear piercings, a belly button piercing and nose piercing. She had her lip pierced but decided she didn't really like it and took it out, I think she suits her piercings and although she has the 9 piercings in her ears you don't really notice them. I do like her nose piercing it's quite pretty. I have 2 tattoos and when Sophie is 18 she said she wants to get a tattoo.

Was just reading about this on bbci. Beats me why anyone would risk their eyesight with something like this. Personally i cant stand tattoos and i hate needles even more so if they are near my eyes lol. You would have to strap me down and give me a general anasthetic to even get close to me.

I have budding cataracts and I'm scared already though I may never need anything done to them!

How could anyone possibly WANT to do that? Beats me.

Know a chap who had a small rose bud done on his bum cheek. He had nice tanned well defined bum cheeks. It certainly enhanced the pleasure of looking at his arse LOL. However he subsequently had a huge dragon done over it and some of the other side. Bloody mess (tattoo was very neat and well done - just looked horrible though) And then he put weight on. Vile. Stretched faded Dragon on a pile of lard.

Please yourself if you want to disfigure yourself, it's entirely up to you !

I have budding cataracts and I'm scared already though I may never need anything done to them!

How could anyone possibly WANT to do that? Beats me.

Know a chap who had a small rose bud done on his bum cheek. He had nice tanned well defined bum cheeks. It certainly enhanced the pleasure of looking at his arse LOL. However he subsequently had a huge dragon done over it and some of the other side. Bloody mess (tattoo was very neat and well done - just looked horrible though) And then he put weight on. Vile. Stretched faded Dragon on a pile of lard.

Please yourself if you want to disfigure yourself, it's entirely up to you !

Makes me think of Cheryl (Cole's) huge disaster 😱

Makes me think of Cheryl (Cole's) huge disaster 😱

She had to have that done in several sessions - why on earth?!

Also try googling "Puff the Magic Dragon tattoo" and enjoy! :D 😱
*** WARNING - it's on a very private body part - definitely NOT for children or those of a sensitive nature!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back