Why is this happening

Tdm

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Normally, when eat a meal, i prebolus by 15 min, get a peak after eating (i normally go for a walk to bring it down) and then all good.
But just of late I've been having no peak after eat, and, in fact, i may have to eats some sweets to prop it up. Then, later, like at about 4-5 hours, my levels rocket and i need a correction.
I've upped my basal, though its had to tell if i have it right due to the peak before bed needing a correction.
I'm on novorapid and abasaglar. I've changed to a new vial but it seems to act the same way.

I'm not sure whats changed. Its not like my meals have changed or got very fatty.

Normally, when eat a meal, i prebolus by 15 min, get a peak after eating (i normally go for a walk to bring it down) and then all good.
But just of late I've been having no peak after eat, and, in fact, i may have to eats some sweets to prop it up. Then, later, like at about 4-5 hours, my levels rocket and i need a correction.
I've upped my basal, though its had to tell if i have it right due to the peak before bed needing a correction.
I'm on novorapid and abasaglar. I've changed to a new vial but it seems to act the same way.

I'm not sure whats changed. Its not like my meals have changed or got very fatty.
Well, i think i've worked it out. I've been a bit stressed so my body is in 'fight or flight' rather than 'rest and digest'.
I've doubled my basal to 4, which seems to be right, and stopped the 15 min prebolus, and that seems to have helped. Plus, i will try to relax more!

I'm not sure whats changed. It’s not like my meals have changed or got very fatty.
If it’s the lows leading to high you need to stop that low first. It’s such a cycle sometimes when it starts.
Is the heat speeding up the time it takes your insulin to work, so it’s quicker?
Hope it sorts itself out

Yes, i think it was because i was on edge...it seems to have stopped now as i did not prebolus as dinner and had a big spike...which is ok as it is 'back to normal'

Back