Status
Not open for further replies.

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
7:41am 12.7 waking
8:44am 10.9 before breakfast
13:350m 10.5 before lunch

Re the 12.7 waking I think this is because instead of having my normal 2x or 3x rich tea biscuits at bedtime I had 2x 2 fingered kit kats.
I'm worried though because my level hasn't altered from before breakfast to before lunchtime.
I've been active in that at work it was my day in the dinner hall so a lot of walking, clearing tables, stacking chairs involved.
I also had my covid-19 booster jab before going to work.

Well, I went to the dentist this morning, just for a check up, and the mere act of going to an unfamiliar place (in that, since I last went, they’ve changed around all their Covid prevention rules) having to concentrate on answering a load of questions, listening out for my name being called etc, was enough to send my BG up from 6.0 something to 8.0 something, whereas normally I'd expect it to stay steady after morning bolus and breakfast. So maybe the change in routine of going for your jab was enough.
Alos, it depends on whether you calculated breakfast accurately, whether any correction dose worked adequately, and a whole host of other variables. I wouldn’t worry as a once off.

Well, I went to the dentist this morning, just for a check up, and the mere act of going to an unfamiliar place (in that, since I last went, they’ve changed around all their Covid prevention rules) having to concentrate on answering a load of questions, listening out for my name being called etc, was enough to send my BG up from 6.0 something to 8.0 something, whereas normally I'd expect it to stay steady after morning bolus and breakfast. So maybe the change in routine of going for your jab was enough.
Alos, it depends on whether you calculated breakfast accurately, whether any correction dose worked adequately, and a whole host of other variables. I wouldn’t worry as a once off.
Thanks @Robin like you say it could be a change in my normal routine or a host of other things. I calculated breakfast accurately because the carb amount is from the packet of hovis. I didn't do a correction because I did one in waking when I was 12.7.

If it was me I would avoid either the kit-kat or biscuits at bedtime as they are both high carb and even when on insulin, many like me can't cope with too many carbs as the insulin needs rocket and control is lost.

I'm happy to say that at 19:09pm before tea my bg came back down to 5.7 🙂

If it was me I would avoid either the kit-kat or biscuits at bedtime as they are both high carb and even when on insulin, many like me can't cope with too many carbs as the insulin needs rocket and control is lost.
I'm like that. If I am a bit low to go to bed, half a dark chocolate digestive is enough for me. Any more and I will be in double figures. 2 double finger Kit Kats without insulin and I would be nearer 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back