Why eating at the wrong times is tied to such profound and negative effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Few environmental factors are as reliable as the 24-hour day, and an evolutionary argument can be made for why the diurnal rhythms of the Earth?s rotation are so coupled with human metabolism. Our behavior, our physiology, and our biochemistry reflect the daily cycles of the planet, and people who fall out of sync with these cycles are more likely to suffer from diabetes, obesity, and heart disease. Gastrointestinal disorders, depression, and other ailments are also more common among people who don?t have normal sleep habits. But according to new research, it?s not just disrupted sleep that can lead to these myriad physiological symptoms; it?s also the altered patterns of food consumption that go along with keeping such strange hours.

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/37269/title/Out-of-Sync/

It's so difficult for the modern person to eat at set times these days though before I started working my brekkie would be 8 lunch 1230 and tea 6 these days lunch nd tea vary as late as 3 for lunch and 8 for tea.

Its getting very difficult to eat at regular intervals for me, having to work around things. Up at 1 am and looks like I will be still up for the 5th night on the trot, waiting for the on call doctor to come out. :(. Even in normal day time have to work my meals around day to day life.

Now having to eat as BS is 4.1 and will be a good while before docs can come out. :(. Own GP's practice not been very helpful and on call doctor said to remind them about their duty of care or lack of it. Daresay the morning BS levels will be higher than usual 😡.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back