Why don't children and young people engage with diabetes services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amity Island

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
This study included children and young people who were labelled 'disengaged' with their diabetes care. Interviews explored what they would like to change about current diabetes services.

No doubt disengaged would be on own records when younger.

Often felt failure when attending appointments because hba1c would be high, had life to live & was to busy enjoying it to be told otherwise, so relate to those young peoples feedback in study.

No doubt disengaged would be on own records when younger.

Often felt failure when attending appointments because hba1c would be high, had life to live & was to busy enjoying it to be told otherwise, so relate to those young peoples feedback in study.
I think the libre will make things a lot easier for todays kids and parents. Still really tough though.

Yes my daughter is seen by the paediatric diabetes team at the hospital. Properly trained DSNs not just a GP practice nurse. They’ve been fab, we’ve been with them for nearly 10 years, I’m starting to get a bit anxious about what will happen when she has to transfer to adult services! Got a couple of years to go until that happens, hopefully because she’s on a pump she will stay under hospital care (and that they will let her stay on a pump because that’s all we’ve known!)

Dunno if they still do, but at mine they used to see the younger ones on a different day to the dinosaurs like me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back