WHY DO MY CLIANTS KEEP GIVING ME TINS OF SWEETS

Status
Not open for further replies.

david fox

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi all. I have told them. One got it correct gave me a dvd from my film list. But thr rest tins of sweets. My wife is munching her way through one of them. She has hiddern them so i cant find them. trouble is they are in the house. The others i will take to my local food bank and the childrens ward of my local hospitel. Also received a few bottles of wine but do not drink alchahool so down the sink they went. Can i wish everybody a great Christmas or happy holodays and sorry i have been so gyumpy.

Why not gift the wine on too? Plenty would be love it as they can’t afford any at all this Christmas and tipping it down the sink seems wasteful as well as ungrateful

Honestly perhaps be honoured clients want to gift you anything, rather than moan what it is. You could always ask next year for them not to gift you anything and the problem would be solved. Family and friends are different and you have a year to talk with them explaining you dont want sugar or alcohol for health reasons But would love x y or z instead

I get this every year too. The senior management (who don't really know front line staff very well at all) send out chocolates (last year the postage on the box was clearly more than the eight or nine chocolates from a larger selection box!) I also broke a tooth on one of them so it ended up costing me!
I work in the care sector so often get sweets from people I support too. I just smile and say thank you.

Hi all. I have told them. One got it correct gave me a dvd from my film list. But thr rest tins of sweets. My wife is munching her way through one of them. She has hiddern them so i cant find them. trouble is they are in the house. The others i will take to my local food bank and the childrens ward of my local hospitel. Also received a few bottles of wine but do not drink alchahool so down the sink they went. Can i wish everybody a great Christmas or happy holodays and sorry i have been so gyumpy.
When places are asking for donations for raffles etc why not give the unwanted gifts to them rather than pour down the sink. Then at least someone benefits.

My employers send a “basket” of various sweets every year to all their stores (41 in total) to be shared amongst the staff. This year I don’t believe the basket has made its way out of the manager’s office, I did manage to resist temptation. Perhaps they need to re-consider what is sent.

Maybe in your case you should gift them on as I’m positive they’ll be gratefully received.

At least you get something. Where I work we got nothing at all from management this year. Don’t you think though, that regardless of whether you have medical issues or not, you always get at least one gift that doesn‘t fit / doesn’t work / isn’t quite to your taste etc. Certainly happens in this family every single year. And it seems very ungrateful to complain about it. Just gift them on and use the money that you would have spent to buy yourself a treat that you really like.

I was given a box of chocolates by an extended family member whose partner is a GP. I've discussed my diabetes with them both a few times before and that I manage by diet control so I was surprised. Anyway, it was less than a minute after they left that another family member practically snatched the chocolates out of my hands knowing I'd not have them. All in all I think everyone was happy..... 🙄

My employers send a “basket” of various sweets every year to all their stores (41 in total) to be shared amongst the staff. This year I don’t believe the basket has made its way out of the manager’s office, I did manage to resist temptation. Perhaps they need to re-consider what is sent.

Maybe in your case you should gift them on as I’m positive they’ll be gratefully received.
Hi a great story. one unhealthy manager lol.

I was given a box of chocolates by an extended family member whose partner is a GP. I've discussed my diabetes with them both a few times before and that I manage by diet control so I was surprised. Anyway, it was less than a minute after they left that another family member practically snatched the chocolates out of my hands knowing I'd not have them. All in all I think everyone was happy..... 🙄
thats funny.

At least you get something. Where I work we got nothing at all from management this year. Don’t you think though, that regardless of whether you have medical issues or not, you always get at least one gift that doesn‘t fit / doesn’t work / isn’t quite to your taste etc. Certainly happens in this family every single year. And it seems very ungrateful to complain about it. Just gift them on and use the money that you would have spent to buy yourself a treat that you really like.
yes you are correct. I was /am really gratfull. Just a miserable git the older i get. lol

When places are asking for donations for raffles etc why not give the unwanted gifts to them rather than pour down the sink. Then at least someone benefits.
yes of course. Saved a tin to take to our Laurel and Hardys club raffle in Febuary

I get this every year too. The senior management (who don't really know front line staff very well at all) send out chocolates (last year the postage on the box was clearly more than the eight or nine chocolates from a larger selection box!) I also broke a tooth on one of them so it ended up costing me!
I work in the care sector so often get sweets from people I support too. I just smile and say thank you.
bad news about the tooth. Poor you. Glad you are ok now

The last three years I got Christmas bags from my employers, they were mostly alcohol and sweets as well. This year I was planning to give most to someone else. I didn't need to because they changed the style, there was a single gingerbread biscuit and 4 pieces of fudge. There was other non-edible gifts this time, including a cookbook, which I think is pretty nice.

The senior management (who don't really know front line staff very well at all) send out chocolates (last year the postage on the box was clearly more than the eight or nine chocolates from a larger selection box!)
Years ago when I was in hospital for brain surgery my boss visited with chocolates though he did apologise.

I could have eaten them, of course, but I tend not to eat that many. Having said that, during the pandemic we were all allowed to choose a food hamper to have delivered (in place of the usual Christmas dinner) and I got a Hotel Chocolat Dark Cabinet which was lovely (lasted for months).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back