7:21am waking 4.2

2/10
10:04am before breakfast 6.4
7:30am waking 6.5

1/10
8:53am before breakfast 12.8
7:29am waking 12.7

There's lots more like this

Well it would suggest your basal is spot on and keeping you level in the absence of food which is the exact job it's supposed to do as you know

Well at least for those 2-3 hours on a morning, your basal is keeping you level, but that is only a small fraction of the day. What are your results like overnight ie bedtime to waking results. That is a longer timescale and therefore give you a better indication of how steady your basal is holding you.

If you haven’t taken any insulin or eaten any food then you would expect to stay level. If you aren’t happy with staying level at any particular bg then you need to either inject some fast acting insulin or eat some carbs.

how are you checking your blood sugar is it with finger stick or FSL which you need to check once a day first thing in the morning when it should have a straight line reading.

how are you checking your blood sugar is it with finger stick or FSL which you need to check once a day first thing in the morning when it should have a straight line reading.
Gill doesn't use a FSL as it gets a bit confusing xx

Looks you dont get a rise when you get out of bed, which some experience!

Stable BG would be my preference Gill 🙂

Last edited:
Well at least for those 2-3 hours on a morning, your basal is keeping you level, but that is only a small fraction of the day. What are your results like overnight ie bedtime to waking results. That is a longer timescale and therefore give you a better indication of how steady your basal is holding you.
Today
13:18pm before lunch 13.7 - no idea why

2/10
13:41pm before lunch 8.3
19:38pm before tea 6.7
23:17pm before bed 8.3

1/10
13:32pm before lunch
18:01pm before tea 3.9 - no idea why because I didn't do much
18:24pm before tea 5.1
23:23pm before bed 12.9 - night out - had 3 gin & diet cokes and a bag of crisps while out

I never stick to a routine with my life and sometimesdo things on the spur of a moment - I do different things each day and each evening.
Day - get up, go to work for a couple of hours, afternoons I may or may not do a bit of housework.....
Evenings - most evenings sit and watch tv and some evenings might have a gin & diet coke sometimes with crisps sometimes not. Weekend evenings sometimes go out.....

Last edited:
Today
13:18pm before lunch 13.7 - no idea why

2/10
13:41pm before lunch 8.3
19:38pm before tea 6.7
23:17pm before bed 8.3

1/10
13:32pm before lunch
18:01pm before tea 3.9 - no idea why because I didn't do much
18:24pm before tea 5.1
23:23pm before bed 12.9 - night out - had 3 gin & diet cokes and a bag of crisps while out

I never stick to a routine with my life and sometimesdo things on the spur of a moment - I do different things each day and each evening.
Day - get up, go to work for a couple of hours, afternoons I may or may not do a bit of housework.....
Evenings - most evenings sit and watch tv and some evenings might have a gin & diet coke sometimes with crisps sometimes not. Weekend evenings sometimes go out.....
If you want to basal test to check if your bgs are staying steady then you need to systematically skip meals and test bg to see if it stays level. For overnight test you would need to not have alcohol or snacks in the evening and eat your tea at least 4 hours before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back