Why do I feel like I’m having a hypo when I’m not?…

Status
Not open for further replies.

sg295

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I honestly feel like I’m having a really bad hypo but my levels are fine (I have just checked them and all good!)

I haven’t had a hypo for probably about 2 weeks now and my levels have been sitting a little higher recently (lowest I’ve got them is the high 6s almost all the time). Often, they’ve been cruising in the 7s.

Now I’m in the low 5s and really don’t feel good even though that’s a perfectly acceptable level.

Is it possible that because I haven’t had a hypo for a bit and my levels have a been a bit higher it’s causing me to feel like this?
Just hoping it’s that and nothing more concerning?

Thanks 🙂

That’s entirely possible or your levels may have dropped quickly which can also set of that hypo feeling

That’s entirely possible or your levels may have dropped quickly which can also set of that hypo feeling
Ok cool, thank you for that!

I guess I don’t really need to do anything as such though as they’re fine?

Ok cool, thank you for that!

I guess I don’t really need to do anything as such though as they’re fine?
Not really,as that isn’t hypo

If your levels have been a bit higher for a while then your body adjusts to that being the norm so a fast drop but still above 4 will feel like a hypo. If you can work on getting back into target more you’ll stop feeling false hypos. It depends on your numbers as to whether putting your basal up is the best thing or adjusting the ratio for carbs.

Just remember to recheck any reading where the result on the screen doesn’t match your sensations. There’s an allowable amount of variation with home BG monitors 95% of the time, and 5% of the time they can read absolutely anything and still meet the required ISO standards.

Chances are your recheck result would be really close to the first, but always worth double-checking if your symptoms are firing in case you had a dodgy strip 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back