Why can't companies be proactive and open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martindt1606

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Well this has been a great week to be a diabetic:

1. Tuesday my pharmacist is unable to fulfill my Lyumjev prescription and says none of the wholesalers have 10ml vials in stock. She had contacted Lilly and they have sent her some short dated vials (use by end December) but with no commitment for the future. I messaged Lilly (on line chat) who were unaware of any issue after a bit of too and froing where i eventually asked if they were calling my pharmacist a liar they took my details and came back the following day to confirm the UK short life date and that they hoped to have supplies in the UK by mid November......If you are using Lyumjev check your use by dates especially early December because for me taking delivery of end of December insulin in November would be a problem.

2. Sugarmate / Tandem / Dexcom having spent 6+ hours (over 2 days) trying to get my Blood Sugar integration between Sugarmate and Dexcom working they have eventually sent an email admitting that the interface is broken and is unlikely to be made available again this year. This raises some important questions:

a. Did Tandem do any due diligence when taking over Sugarmate?
b. Did Tandem know about the change - if not what is there Client Manager doing?
c. If Tandem knew of the change why did the Test Manager design a US only Test Plan?
d. Why are Dexcom making interface changes that break existing integration protocols?
e. Are there really no options to restore functionality this year? Remove the change, create a temporary non US environment.....
d. Whilst this in the grand scheme is a minor irritation in that it makes managing blood sugars based on the Dexcom led Time In Range initiative more difficult (when out and about its easier to look at a watch than get your pump / phone out), it does leave that nagging concern that the Tandem / Dexcom relationship is not that great and could similar happen with the much more vital Tslim / Dexcom integration....

Apologies for the rant but having wasted the best part of 3 days needed to let off a little steam and thought better on here than on Tandems Linked in Feed.

The lack of torrential replies should tell you two things.

Hardly anyone is using Lyumjev at all, let alone in a pump. And ranting about Lilly not having supplies until mid November which is actually about three weeks away is a bit over the top.

Second thing, I don’t think many folk are that bothered about your technical issues trying to get stuff to appear on your watch, and actually having to get your phone out of your pocket. I’ve never actually heard of Sugarmate, I suspect the problem is as they say on twitter, that they were using “legacy” routes to access Dexcom, so it isn’t compatible with updates. All that suggests they weren’t paying anything for their access to Dexcom kit, and that is the reason for the hold up. I certainly wouldn’t criticise Dexcom for making their update incompatible with Sugarmate, why should they allow free access to their tech? I suspect that that was what Tandem are discovering after their takeover. That’s where your comment about their due diligence is spot on.

I think all that should answer all your listed questions.

As an aside, I use an Apple Watch and an iPhone. Apple will allow me to download the Sugarmate App on my phone, but have warnings that it is at my risk, because of security concerns. They haven’t provided Apple with any, and Apple warn that the app tracks your location whether or not you are happy about that. If you use Android kit, then best of luck. Furthermore, Sugarmate haven’t provided any such information to Apple about their next update. That may change under new ownership when some professionals take over.

@mikeyB You may not have heard about Sugarmate but that is only an indication of your awareness. This is not the only thread expressing concern about the problems.
@martindt1606 has experienced a frustrating day and does not need to be belittled because you are not interested

Martin, I hope you find an alternative solution for both of your problems. Feel free to rant in the future.
Although we may not experience the same issues as you, we all experience diabetes frustrations

@helli - thanks much appreciated

@Amity Island but Lyumjev is a fast acting insulin anyway so you wouldn't be required to give up the Tresiba xx

Hi @martindt1606 I was offered Lyumjev a few months ago, I still haven't decided to try it, I think I will stick with Tresiba. Thanks.

I thought Lyumjev was a fast acting insulin, so hardly appropriate to replace Tresiba??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back