Why 2014 Should Be The ?Year of the Vegetable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
For pregnant women, and those planning to conceive, a healthy diet is an important consideration, not only for the mother?s health, but also the health of her unborn child. While supermarket aisles are lined with processed foods that have ingredient lists made up of chemical names, a culprit from an entirely different section of the supermarket, red meat, has been identified by scientists as having a potentially harmful effect on pregnant women.

Research published in the journal Diabetes Care has shown that red meat is linked with a higher rate of gestational diabetes in pregnant women, which poses risks to the health of the mother and the baby. Gestational diabetes may occur in women that have not been at risk for diabetes previously.

http://www.emagazine.com/blog/why-2014-should-be-the-year-of-the-vegetable

I know it's not what the article means, but 2014 is going to be my year of growing my own veggies, fruit and herbs - will be planting soon. Then, I hope, ducks by end of summer.

I love growing peas,strawberries ! There is something special if you have grown it yourself 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back