Who's an idiot then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1dnc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
I went for a swim yesterday. It was great until I put my hand down and thought "what's that bit of string around my waistband?".

You guessed it! I'd forgotten to take the pump off, and the Roche Combo is not supposed to be waterproof. Well, I was out that pool faster than the time I went swimming in the tropics and looked around to see that I was swimming with a watersnake.

All's well though. I dried the pump and checked the battery and reservoir compartments - all dry, and the pump seems to be working normally.

Phew! That's a relief! 😱 🙂 I guess that puts to rest the fears people have about feeling they are attached to something all the time, if you completely forgot! 🙂

Actually the Combo is rated IPX8 which means it is waterproof, but only guaranteed to certain limits. In the case of the Combo I think it's ok for 30 minutes at very shallow depth, so it is probably OK to go swimming with, Roche just won't replace it if it does malfunction after a longer or deeper submersion. I think at least one of the other pumps have the same rating but under test conditions have proved to last longer at deeper levels so you can go swimming with them. In the technical spec in the handbook it tells you what the limits are.

Having said that I wouldn't allow my daughter to go swimming with hers on, as we've specifically been told not to; but if she did drop it in the pool then at least I wouldn't need to panic!

Thanks m1dnc for testing this out for others of us that are on the combo.
I certainly won't worry if I drop it in the water now, but will still have it off for swimming.

Glad that no harm was done to yours

Lol sounds exactly like something I would do :D😛😎 although I more often forget to put it back on 😱 glad it's still working fine 🙂🙂

Phew really pleased it's working, ☺

Oh gosh I've never done that but could see that it would be easy to do. Especially if I had put my swimming costume on, on top of the pump, before leaving the house to go swimming.

We hired a pedalo for an hour last year on hols, so I kept the pump on but as I was getting off the pedalo I slipped on the large stones on the sea bed and fell. Took me a while to haul myself upright, but the Combo was fine after I dried it much to my relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back