Whoops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
For some reason I went hypo about 3hrs after my evening meal, must have miscalculated the bolus, had a carton of orange juice to bring bg back up , waited 15 minutes and checked, it was still dropping, so popped some jelly babies , then it started rising and rising and rising , so went from one extreme to the other. The joys of this unpredictable condition .

Sounds like hearing my self😉.

I bet the evening meal was a high fat one? That's my common mistake. Insuling gets going before carbs come along, then like buses.....

@Martin62 Sometimes the insulin gets absorbed at an erratic rate, I’ve found. This causes unexpected lows, followed by unexpected highs. Very annoying!

Just part of life's rich pattern for yer average T1 ...... as long as we all come up again smelling of roses (or engine oil, or whatever your personal choice is) after dealing with it, that's all that matters in the long run. 🙂

Just part of life's rich pattern for yer average T1 ...... as long as we all come up again smelling of roses (or engine oil, or whatever your personal choice is) after dealing with it, that's all that matters in the long run. 🙂
Too true Jenny, all back to normal later x

Sounds like hearing my self😉.

I bet the evening meal was a high fat one? That's my common mistake. Insuling gets going before carbs come along, then like buses.....
It was a homemade curry , only 21g carbs , but was made using pure ghee ( Indian butter ) so that probably delayed the carbs kicking in .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back