Whoops the pizza fairy won

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
There has just been a fight in my house between the pizza fairy and the diabetic fairy. The pizza fairy won by a knockout. The diabetic fairy has retired to the corner of the room muttering about blood sugars. That naughty naughty pizza fairy has just ordered a small pepperoni pizza. O dear me I just fancy a small pizza
To look at the pizza fairy she looks so sweet and innocent

Last edited by a moderator:
m m m sounds lovely, ive not had a takeaway or shop bought pizza for ages something i crave for but dont want lol well i do really

I've been dreaming about Pizza for ages now. I haven't had one in almost a year and the yearning is growing with every passing day. I may just have to succumb soon.

I don't know any one who doesn't want something that is a percieved no no not allwed food from time to time.

Pizzas are a treat, so have one from time to time and enjoy it. I try and offset it with salad or fruit for afters, but this weekend the jammy doughnuts won!

Gail a little bit of fancy does you good 😉 Just see it as the diabetic fairy having a tea break for half an hour 🙂

the diabetic fairy has got her revenge by time pizza was delivered i was feeling a bit cr*p. Opened the box and I took one look and chucked up have been sick on and off since then. Had nothing to eat dare not. My sugar was 16.4 this morning its now 25.2 so maybe im coming down with something. As you know my blood sugars are running high and have been for a while. I had two rounds of try toast for breakfast so it cant be that.
Cant test for keytones due to time of the month and Im sure i heard somewhere that u cant test then
Take care all
gail

the diabetic fairy has got her revenge by time pizza was delivered i was feeling a bit cr*p. Opened the box and I took one look and chucked up have been sick on and off since then. Had nothing to eat dare not. My sugar was 16.4 this morning its now 25.2 so maybe im coming down with something. As you know my blood sugars are running high and have been for a while. I had two rounds of try toast for breakfast so it cant be that.
Cant test for keytones due to time of the month and Im sure i heard somewhere that u cant test then
Take care all
gail

oh drat sorry to hear that Gail hun hugs and hope the numbers and yourself get better soon xxx

hope you are feeling better soon Gail. My bloods have been up for a few weeks as well, dident know what was happening .They all said that I might be coming down with something but I havent yet. And this week bloods back down 4.5 6.7 5.8 all about that. So hope you get there soon good look🙂

It's just a thought, but I wonder Gail if it might be worth going over the possible interactions of your various meds with your doctor? My recent experiences have made me think about that quite a lot, they think that part of my roller coaster blood glucose levels may be caused by some of the drugs objecting to others. I'm on a lot of meds (for Rheumatoid Arthritis and an adrenal insufficiency) besides the diabetic stuff and there are side effects with all of them.

What a shame you didn't get to enjoy your pizza.

It's just a thought, but I wonder Gail if it might be worth going over the possible interactions of your various meds with your doctor? My recent experiences have made me think about that quite a lot, they think that part of my roller coaster blood glucose levels may be caused by some of the drugs objecting to others. I'm on a lot of meds (for Rheumatoid Arthritis and an adrenal insufficiency) besides the diabetic stuff and there are side effects with all of them.

What a shame you didn't get to enjoy your pizza.

Funny you should mention that I have been thinking about that myself. Spoke to gp about it and hes said its possible but highly unlikely. Mind you I would not want to unravel that lot Im on about 16 different meds a day both psychiatric and diabetic and others
PS I feel sick at the thought of that pizza now. Mean while the diabetic fairy is doing a victory dance around the living room
gail

I had pizza the other day....🙂 It had all those naughty bits on it too...🙂

Followed by taking my sister's boxer for a nice long 12 mile drag (he dragged me the first few miles) and a nice bus ride home...:D

BG 4.7 after so result!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back