Whoops! MIxed up my levemir and novorapid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well, it was bound to happen some time, even though I have differently coloured Novopens for my different insulins...

I normally take 10 u levemir at night and 3.5 in the morning. I just took 10u levemir by mistake, thinking it was Novorapid! And I've just been trampolining too, not a good night to up my basal dose by 66%!

I would have taken 12 U NR with my tea (pizza and garlic bread), so I took 5u only, to be conservative. I think I'll test BG in the night, and maybe take a bit less NR at breakfast too, in case the doses overlap.

Has anyone got any other suggestions, or past experience?!?

Set your alarm for 3am as this is when you will be at your lowest. Also, if it were Alex, I think I would have a few extra carbs before bedtime - perhaps peanut butter on bread etc or big glass fo full fat milk and a biscuit. I have done it the other way round and Alex sat and ate a huge platefull of junk - he loved it! Just keep checking is the only answer I can give.🙂Bev

Hope you're okay now Pigeon, I've been so close so many times, if I had a near miss counter it would be in double figuers at least!!

I think what you did sounds sensible.

Rossi 🙂

HI Pigeon, hope you are ok. Not much advice apart from keep testing.

I have done this before in the past I put a humalog cartridge in my lantus pen. Good job I was only on small doses of lantus, it took me 4 nights of awful hypos to work out what I had done - doh.

Thanks for all your help and advice! I made it through the night fine - went to bed at 13.1, tested at 2am and was 11.something so had some lucozade which got me through til 7.30 when I was 4.8. Hopefully I've learnt my lesson and will take extra care in future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back