Who says lantus doesn't cause hypos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
BG suddenly 2.0 for no reason - 5.5 hours after eating and was 5.8 an hour ago - seems it's one of those rare Lantus hypos😱 Doubt it's the NR as tha only lasts about 4-5 hours in me.

Might not be the insulin at all 😉

Maybe you have been concentrating on something more than normal, maybe you walked that extra bit or whatever you have been up to exercise wise, something you may not have realised or noticed.

Or

Could be one of those small troughs that allegedly Lantus nor Levemir doesn't get (peaks and troughs)...........

Or

One of those diabetes mysteries that we all wonder what the hell happened then.... 😱

Hope you are ok now.

Just when you think it's safe to inject the lantus! Yes, I'm OK thanks Adrienne - my room feels cold again although I have got HUGE hypomunchies...! Happy Birthday, by the way!:D,

I dont believe it's your lantus 😛 I reckon it would have happened if you didn't take it.

You are thinking of it too much as an exact science! When it is completely random most of the time (especially if you take insulin).

I dont believe it's your lantus 😛 I reckon it would have happened if you didn't take it.

You are thinking of it too much as an exact science! When it is completely random most of the time (especially if you take insulin).

I know, you delude yourself that you know what you're doing and then it kicks you in the butt!. Might have been late absorbtion of the novorapid, I suppose. Back up to 6.6 now - good job I resisted that packet of jaffa cakes😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back