Who is your favorite YouTube Insulin Resistant reversal person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Benbow

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
So there are a lot of Metabolic Docs on the internet, and by Doc I don't necessarily mean just a Medical Doc. There are Chiropractors like Dr. Sten Eckberg, and Dr. Berg and there are a host of other medical docs like, Dr. Fung, Dr. Boz, Dr. Dhand, Dr. Berry, Dr. Bernstein, Dr. Ovadia, Dr. Hyman, the deceased Dr. Sarah Hallberg. There's even the non diabetes guy from Beat Diabetes Dennis Pollock. Who is your favorite reversing diabetes person?

I am Type 1 and so there is no chance of reversal for me. I looked at a few YouTube medics on both heart disease and diabetes when I developed angina, and concluded most were a waste of space!

With pre-diabetes and Type II remission is often possible, particularly where the main cause is lifestyle. However, it is also a disease of age so even if someone achieves remission at say 50 they may be a full blown Type II at 65. A third of 80 year olds are diabetic. This rises to 50% in care homes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the people you mention are fruitcakes and/or grifting charlatans.

An excellent first Youtube stop is often Gil Cavalhao:

Tied to expert, measured reviews of the evidence, non-dogmatic & not trying to sell anything.

Tied to expert, measured reviews of the evidence, non-dogmatic & not trying to sell anything.

Agree biut haven't seen Gil Cavalhao so cannot comment on him...

It wouldn't surprise me if Dr Michael Mosley has said something fatuous on the subject.
He seems to have covered all known medical topics!

It wouldn't surprise me if Dr Michael Mosley has said something fatuous on the subject.
He seems to have covered all known medical topics!
Grifter Lite

Totally agree, I follow Gil's various pages on the Internet.

So there are a lot of Metabolic Docs on the internet, and by Doc I don't necessarily mean just a Medical Doc. There are Chiropractors like Dr. Sten Eckberg, and Dr. Berg and there are a host of other medical docs like, Dr. Fung, Dr. Boz, Dr. Dhand, Dr. Berry, Dr. Bernstein, Dr. Ovadia, Dr. Hyman, the deceased Dr. Sarah Hallberg. There's even the non diabetes guy from Beat Diabetes Dennis Pollock. Who is your favorite reversing diabetes person?
Dr Sarah Hallberg, made so much sense, so sad she passed away.

Prof Roy Taylor
Prof Mike Lean
Dr David Unwin
Dr David Oliver, Freshwell video

Chris MacAskill is a non-doctor who's nevertheless worthwhile, if you control a bit for a vegan bias.

Here he is on "The Best & Worst Diabetes Doctors", including Sarah Hallberg vs Neal Barnard:

I'm a Dr and this looks like a decent gravy train. How do you get on it?

The one I take no notice of, i.e. all of them.

I'm a Dr and this looks like a decent gravy train. How do you get on it?

I'm a Dr as well! I need a gravy train, fed up with working for a living!

Get dazzling white teeth by the look of it.
You mean I could make enough to pay the dentists bills? It's looking more attractive as a third career!

Now I need a script. What is it that people want to hear so I can write something which will keep the punters watching to the end. I think your youtube payment depends on it. It will not have to be technically accurate or contain any caveats so that should make it easy.

Now, how do you make a grumpy, cynical, bearded, old git appear charismatic? That could be a bit tricky.

PS.. my way of suggesting all should be wary of all the videos. The creators are pushing all the buttons at their disposal with the primary objective of attracting clicks. Look at them for what they are but don't expect any of them to present a complete picture. There might be the odd one that does but is it really worth trolling through the rest to find it? Chances are you will stop when you get to the one that reflects your point of view.

Now, need to get to work on the cynical old git thing.

You mean I could make enough to pay the dentists bills? It's looking more attractive as a third career!

Now I need a script. What is it that people want to hear so I can write something which will keep the punters watching to the end. I think your youtube payment depends on it. It will not have to be technically accurate or contain any caveats so that should make it easy.

Now, how do you make a grumpy, cynical, bearded, old git appear charismatic? That could be a bit tricky.

PS.. my way of suggesting all should be wary of all the videos. The creators are pushing all the buttons at their disposal with the primary objective of attracting clicks. Look at them for what they are but don't expect any of them to present a complete picture. There might be the odd one that does but is it really worth trolling through the rest to find it? Chances are you will stop when you get to the one that reflects your point of view.

Now, need to get to work on the cynical old git thing.
If you are DocB the new fad must surely be marketed as Plan B.

Last edited:
I'd prefer you not to change, to be honest! and why would either of us. I mean I for one would have had an unremittingly disappointed life had I believed such old taradiddles as, 'we'll find a cure within the next 10 years!' wouldn't I? for instance - yet I haven't. However - it did nowt to reduce my own cynicism!

Some folk find me grumpy - and at times I agree wholeheartedly with them cos I am sometimes. However if whoever thinks that's 'me' then really that should be judged as a lack of intelligence on their part not being able to discern what a truly warm and wonderful human bean I really am - not a failing on my part! - and I pretty much reckon that applies just as well to you too @Docb, as it does to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back