Whinge warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB2015

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
HbA1c has gone up.

I know that because I am dealing with other things I am not taking as much notice of my meals and, even though I am looping, if I am overloading my carbs (for me) and forgetting to pre-bolus and …. it is no surprise that HbA1c has gone up. Then I feel rough because my levels are spikier than I want them to be, so I feel fed up with that (even though I know why it is happening) then I don’t do my post meal walk, ….

On a more positive note my looping is reducing the impact of this cycle of ‘fed upness’ and my lack of care.
Time to stop whinging and get on with some gardening again, having been halted by a hypo!!!!!

Sometimes I just hate Diabetes, but not too often.
Whinge over.

Whinges are very much allowed! Diabetes is extremely annoying! My last HBA1C was a bit higher than I’d hoped but I’d had Covid (again) and another nasty virus, so I told myself that it could be worse.

I find gardening surprisingly hypo-inducing! Not just obviously active stuff but even a bit of light weeding 🙄

Diabetes is such an exasperating juggling act & very deserving of a rant.

Other things have to take priority sometimes & diabetes is unforgiving. I’m glad your pump & looping is helping to reduce the load on you.

Enjoy some peaceful gardening @SB2015 & I hope you’re not interrupted by your bleeping pump 🙂

Last edited:
Prebolused for counted carbs, ate meal and did a walk. 6.5. Why don’t I do this each day?
Every little helps

Last edited:
I find gardening surprisingly hypo-inducing! Not just obviously active stuff but even a bit of light weeding 🙄
Same here, strange isn't it, perhaps it's just the right combination of activity and low stress that the liver is never made to wake up. I find mowing the lawn especially bad probably because it's still low stress but just a bit more movement/exercise.
Prebolused for counted carbs, ate meal and did a walk. 6.5. Why don’t I do this each day?
lol, I say the same to myself too, I think I need to make a quick walk (or spin on the turbo) a habit so I just do it as a matter of course, but there's always something more pressing that just needs to be fitted in first, and then all is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back