Which pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopielainie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi All
I have been using Accu-Chek insulin pump for years but the contract runs out shortly and I wonder do any of you use a pump with Fiasp insulin and which do you recommend ? Thanks in advance

I use fiasp with prefilled and self fill cartridges in my new mylife ypsomed pump that i have changed to for 3 months now and have no problems with it so far ,it is so small and light and the cannulas are brilliant good luck with your change of pump.

I use Fiasp with a medtronic pump and hate the pump. Next couple of Months will changing to the Tslim 🙂

N
Do you have pre filled cartridges with this?
No.
This is my preference as I would’t use a full cartridge in 3 days so a lot of insulin would go to waste.
I have never used pre-filled cartridges and always found pumps easy to fill myself.

Hi Elaine

I tried FIASP in my Combo for a short time but got very skanky cannula sites, so although its speedier action was good for meal times it was not worth it as I was reacting to whatever they had added.

I now use the Medtronic 780G with their Guardian 4 sensors in the closed loop, where the pump and sensor have a chat every 5 min and the pump makes adjustments to my basal insulin as necessary throughout the day. Love it but it took some getting used to, especially trusting it to do it’s job. one of the biggest advantages is the levelling off overnight from any blips in my levels whilst I just sleep through. the night hypos have also vanished and no alarms to wake me up. The facility to codon closed loop would now be the top priority for me in a choice of pump.

It is worth checking with your clinic to see which pumps they support as most hospitals only support certain ones, since their DSNs are trained for those. There is likely to be someone on here who has used the options you are offered and can tell you the Roos and cons of them.

Thanks for this, I am having a chat with clinic this morning, FIASP isn’t looking to be an option now due to adverse comments about it.

Thanks for this, I am having a chat with clinic this morning, FIASP isn’t looking to be an option now due to adverse comments about it.
Fiasp is fine in a pump as long as you use it properly. It might be that you change the cannula every two days instead of three.
I had to do this with one type of cannula (angled) straight no problem at all. I've used fiasp from very soon after it came out.

Do you know which pumps are offered in your area @Loopielainie ?

That can be a helpful nugget of information to find out early on - especially as there are a few relative newcomers on the scene recently.

Fiasp is fine in a pump as long as you use it properly. It might be that you change the cannula every two days instead of three.
I had to do this with one type of cannula (angled) straight no problem at all. I've used fiasp from very soon after it came out.
hi sue i have used fiasp the same when it came out when was that my memory is useless at dates and every thing so my wife tells me .

hi sue i have used fiasp the same when it came out when was that my memory is useless at dates and every thing so my wife tells me .
I'm sure I was using it in 2017 and am sure it was out before that as used bovine insulin in my pump. Once that was discontinued I changed over to fiasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back