Which pump do you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Anyone use an accu-chek combo pump with handpiece for bolusing, a bolus wizzard and loads more, even bg tester on it?

Yes I use this pump and associated gadgets and software. I have been using it for about seven months now. I must admit I am a big but then this is my first pump and most people seem to like and become accustomed to the choice they have made.

There are a growing number of Accu-Chek users on this site. Do you use one too or are you considering one or is there another reason for asking? If you have any questions then feel free to ask and we will do our best to give you an answer and/or our advice, and I am sure the users of other pumps and non-pumpers will pitch in too if they feel they can help.

Yes there are a few, I can think of three at least who are regular posters.....is it something you are interested in?

Hi Spirit Free,

I use a Medtronic Veo. I'm happy to answer questions about it.

Tom

spirit combo

Thanks for replies. I was using the previous model, blue, until it died on me a couple of weeks ago. Accu-chek sent me the new combo pump as a replacement. I am not using the handset yet, as I have to have training on it first, to make sure I know what I am doing hahahahaha. The new pump is really good. I can't wait to be able to use the handset. Training is only 2 weeks away.

yes i use this pump and handset and i love it. i could choose any i wanted and went for this one and dont regret it.

i know everyone loves what they have chosen but i think its great that you can bolus from the handset, it has the largest reservoir ( i believe), change every 6 days instead of three and one of the smallest basal increments around :D

yes i use the spirit combo and have to say i love it! especially love the bolus calculator and the fact it shouts at you 15 mins after a hypo to get u to re test , like its making sure ur not dead lol 😛 , would never go back to mdi !

Thanks for replies. I was using the previous model, blue, until it died on me a couple of weeks ago. Accu-chek sent me the new combo pump as a replacement. I am not using the handset yet, as I have to have training on it first, to make sure I know what I am doing hahahahaha. The new pump is really good. I can't wait to be able to use the handset. Training is only 2 weeks away.

Excellent. We might be able to help you out with the handset after you have completed the training but it sounds like you are quite an experienced pumper so maybe we will be learning from you too! It is good to hear you like the pump by itself, look forward to hearing what you think when you start using the handset given that you have used a different pump before without such a tool.

yes i use the spirit combo and have to say i love it! especially love the bolus calculator and the fact it shouts at you 15 mins after a hypo to get u to re test , like its making sure ur not dead lol 😛 , would never go back to mdi !

Ha I had forgotten about that hypo retest shouting facility. You can learn something here every day lol! I have just activated it on my set albeit at 30 mins for me, my blood sugar is a bit sluggish when it comes to turning corners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back