• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions within our online community

Which is the lowest carbohydrate granola

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Suitable for what exactly? I'm not trying to be difficult but we all tolerate carbohydrates differently and in different amounts so what may be suitable for one won't be suitable for the next, we learn what is suitable by testing our BG before and after, in general granolas are quite high carb and supermarkets aren't very well known to carry a lot of low carb ranges, the lowest I've seen in a supermarket is in Lidl's, the Crownfield High Protein Granola Honey & Seed at 45.1g carbs per 100g and the Crownfield Low Sugar Granola at 49.7g carbs per 100g, most others are well into 60g carbs per 100g, if you google low carb granola/keto granola then they tend to have less but they cost a fortune xx

Inka

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Whichever granola works for you @starfish212 The Lizi one is quite low carb as are the Eat Natural (?) ones. They do a buckwheat one that’s very light. What’s important is to watch your portion. Weigh or measure it rather than shaking a pile into a bowl.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I tried the Lidl Crownfield ones and felt that they were over processed and too artificial for my liking... they had puffed rice and stuff in them.
I buy the Eat Natural ones when I can get them. They do a protein one with honey and another one which I think is called low sugar that are both about 45g/100g carbs and I just have a sprinkle on the top of my yoghurt and berries. At the moment I am having Nourish Golden Super Seed Granola which seems to be a Morrison's brand and that is 47g/100g and I would buy this again too.

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have the Lizi's low sugar granola but only have about 10g on my yoghurt and berries. There are a few recipes around for homemade