Which app if using a receiver for Dexcom One sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Further to my recent post I have purchased a transmitter and sensor as a special deal £55 plus a receiver as phone not compatible. Want to try it out before I fork out for another phone or change my current phone.

Does anyone use a receiver with Dexcom One? If so which app do I need to get the data on my phone? I have googled and it says Dexcom Clarity but thought I'd ask here.

I forgot to ask the guy on the phone about it.

I know some people say why do I need it and the Dexcom website says for type 1 or 2 on insulin. I wasn't even asked. Suppose they assumed but if I am paying what does it matter? I'm trying to be proactive about managing my diabetes. If I know what my blood sugars are doing I can make changes if it's too high or low.

In Google play store search for Dexcom One apps. It may let you install the app, but will tell you if your phone is incompatible and won't let you proceed. For a company keen to sell you their hardware, the software is relatively unhelpful.

Since you are purchasing the Dexcom One receiver, that should provide you with almost everything you might get with the app on your phone.

I'd be pleased to see your feedback on how you find the Receiver and its "usability", without you needing to feel you should share any results that you get. I now know I can't get this on prescription at present and I'm considering self-funding the 3 month pack and a Receiver; just still weighing up the cost benefit rationale!

In Google play store search for Dexcom One apps. It may let you install the app, but will tell you if your phone is incompatible and won't let you proceed. For a company keen to sell you their hardware, the software is relatively unhelpful.

Since you are purchasing the Dexcom One receiver, that should provide you with almost everything you might get with the app on your phone.

I'd be pleased to see your feedback on how you find the Receiver and its "usability", without you needing to feel you should share any results that you get. I now know I can't get this on prescription at present and I'm considering self-funding the 3 month pack and a Receiver; just still weighing up the cost benefit rationale!
I should get my transmitter and sensor pack and receiver in 2-3 days so hopefully at the weekend.

I will use the video that shows you how to set up the receiver and to apply the sensor and transmitter.

I can't get any cgm/flash gm on prescription so choose to self fund. Although it might be a bit more expensive than Libre 2 I can apply it, set a low alarm and high alarm and get on with my life.

If I am happy with the Dexcom One sensor and receiver I might purchase sensors separately until I have saved for the 3 month bundle and I have decided whether to upgrade my phone or purchase another phone just for the Dexcom One.

On the other hand I might not need the app if I have a receiver so it won't matter if the phone I get is not on the compatibility list.

Can't wait to try it out.

Update: just had an email to say my Dexcom parcel is being delivered tomorrow once parcel has been loaded on the van around 11am they said. I should be back before the time it's arrived. If not hopefully my husband is in or my daughter is home from work to receive it as I am likely to be out meeting a friend. Am impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Google play store search for Dexcom One apps. It may let you install the app, but will tell you if your phone is incompatible and won't let you proceed.
The Dexcom One app is different to the Clarity app.
My understanding is that Dexcom One is like LibreLink - it is used to read the sensor and show you what is happening now and over the last 24 hours. Whereas Clarity is like LibreView - it allows you to view the data over multiple days and highlight trends, etc.

The Dexcom One app is different to the Clarity app.
My understanding is that Dexcom One is like LibreLink - it is used to read the sensor and show you what is happening now and over the last 24 hours. Whereas Clarity is like LibreView - it allows you to view the data over multiple days and highlight trends, etc.
Apparently reading an email from Dexcom I don't need an app if I have a receiver (needed as my phone is not compatible). I have had a special deal as per my previous post - 1 transmitter and sensor and bought a receiver too far £114.99. this allows me to try it out before forking out for a new phone or a second phone just for the Dexcom app which if I have a receiver won't be needed; any phone I get I can use the receiver.

My Dexcom parcel arrives tomorrow. Wasn't expecting it until Friday/Saturday at the earliest so impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back