Where do you put your pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olliej96

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So I've been using this T-Slim for almost 2 weeks now, and I've had it clipped onto the front of my trousers when at work and at home. It seems like a good place for me, being easily accessible etc. I am finding there's a little bit of excess tubing though which hangs a little and I was wondering if there's any tips to conceal it a bit better or 'tidy' it up so there's not so much loose?

When I had a tubey pump, I made a small hole in my trouser pocket to feed my tube. Excess tubing can stay in my pocket. As can the pump if I wear baggier trousers.

When I had a tubey pump, I made a small hole in my trouser pocket to feed my tube. Excess tubing can stay in my pocket. As can the pump if I wear baggier trousers.

That's actually a really good idea, thanks!

I might start making little holes to feed it through. I do worry a little about whether it'll affect the insulin being fed through with it being warmer, or am I just over thinking it?

So I've been using this T-Slim for almost 2 weeks now, and I've had it clipped onto the front of my trousers when at work and at home. It seems like a good place for me, being easily accessible etc. I am finding there's a little bit of excess tubing though which hangs a little and I was wondering if there's any tips to conceal it a bit better or 'tidy' it up so there's not so much loose?

With my first pumps many years ago, I always wore them clipped to my waist and or belt and just tucked the tubing down my trousers/skirt, but I find recent pumps tend to have crappy clips so I moved on to using a Hid-in belt some years ago. It’s soft and sits round my waist. I don’t notice it at all, and the tubing is totally inside my clothing obviously.

Did your pump come with a good variety of clips, pouches and bags? If not, it might be worth looking online and trying out a few options. Even if you use one option the majority of the time, it’s good to have some alternatives.

I always house mine in my bra.
I’m using the insight pump but upgrading to Ypsomed. They’re small pumps and don’t create lumps/bumps in there.
I also have a Hide-In belt that can be worn in a number of different ways, you can easily tuck the excess tubing into the pouch.

Think Ollie doesn't own a bra :D and freely confess, I'd have to add an extra cup to any of mine, to accommodate a pump. If anyone has that much room in theirs, sorry, I'd think they were buying the wrong sized bra. Having spent over 10 years only buying trousers or skirts with pockets - it goes in my pocket and spare tubing stuck down the waistband - just have to be careful when using the loo ......

Mines tube free pump so controller just goes in pockets, screen locks & need passcode to open so no chance of any mishaps.

With my first pumps many years ago, I always wore them clipped to my waist and or belt and just tucked the tubing down my trousers/skirt, but I find recent pumps tend to have crappy clips so I moved on to using a Hid-in belt some years ago. It’s soft and sits round my waist. I don’t notice it at all, and the tubing is totally inside my clothing obviously.

Did your pump come with a good variety of clips, pouches and bags? If not, it might be worth looking online and trying out a few options. Even if you use one option the majority of the time, it’s good to have some alternaIt didtives.

Think Ollie doesn't own a bra :D and freely confess, I'd have to add an extra cup to any of mine, to accommodate a pump. If anyone has that much room in theirs, sorry, I'd think they were buying the wrong sized bra. Having spent over 10 years only buying trousers or skirts with pockets - it goes in my pocket and spare tubing stuck down the waistband - just have to be careful when using the loo ......
you would be correct there haha - I have noticed going to the loo can be slightly awkard, a lot of the time my shirts aren't sturdy enough to clip the pump on to, so I've been just resting it in my underwear :rofl:

Mines tube free pump so controller just goes in pockets, screen locks & need passcode to open so no chance of any mishaps.
pretty efficient! Have you ever gone out somewhere and forgotten the controller at all?

Did your pump come with a good variety of clips, pouches and bags? If not, it might be worth looking online and trying out a few options. Even if you use one option the majority of the time, it’s good to have some alternatives.
Mine hasn't come with any extra accessories other than the case and clip &i've put a tempered glass on it already. Ahh, are those the belts with the small zip? those look pretty handy actually.

Mine hasn't come with any extra accessories other than the case and clip &i've put a tempered glass on it already. Ahh, are those the belts with the small zip? those look pretty handy actually.

Hid In is linked below. The lady who designs the items has Type 1 herself. I have the basic belt. You can choose the pouch size as needed for your pump. They’re so comfortable I forget I have mine on. I also wear one at night:

https://www.hid-in.com/

It sounds like your clip isn’t very good if you can’t clip it to your shirt. My first pump had the most amazing clip, like a super-strong clear bulldog clip that would clip to anything! Later pumps never surpassed that clip.

I also have a bra bag (yes, I know you don’t wear a bra 😛 ) that can also be used on boxer shorts.It has a flat clip and hangs from the side of the bra/boxers. It’s worth trying a few things until you get it right.

Just roll the tubing like a hosepipe and put some tape on it or tuck it in your trousers.

pretty efficient! Have you ever gone out somewhere and forgotten the controller at all?

No not for long trips like days away or short breaks, kinda organised that way.

When nipping out or on dog walks don't always take it with me, usually just phone as it has libre app & glucotabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back