Where do I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Do you ever have days when you think *** this diabetic lark. I have been diagnosed since 2006 only been on insulin the last few months, have had to change from lantus to insutard due to the way my GP wants my insulin to be delivered this is due to something I did. Im tired of not being able to have NORMAL things i would kill for a slice of pizza and a can of fizzy😛. I dont feel as if im getting enough support from my surgery diabetics education wise. When first diagnosed i had a 20 minute appointment with the diatition a really fast rushed one with the diabetic nurse and that was it i get appointments at the hospital every so often but they aways seem so rushed. I guess its a case of self education but I dont have a clue where to start. It wasnt until i found this site that I even heard of carb counting HELP Im just so confused about everything.
gail

when do you see them next Gail ? maybe you need to talk to them about all this ..dont give up we all have blips and we get up dust ourselfes down and start again ....what I am trying to do is get fewer blips or with bigger gaps inbetween ..if you know what i mean xx
what seems to be happening is that you are now wanting to take the control, by learning to carb count and how to deal with your condition on a day to day basis...and that is all Good positive stuff xxx big hugs xxxx
ps it seems im doing loads of hugs tonight xxx

Can you move clinics? Thats what I did. Unfortunately you do get appallingly bad Diabetic care teams :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back