Where Are The Libre Test Strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasty_morsel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm using the freestyle libre 2, with the cgm sensors.

We've upgraded my phone so librelink works.

But I've got the libre 2 monitor also, because of a monumentally expensive mess up the other month.

I figured I'd keep the monitor for using with test strips, but... I can't find the correct test strips anywhere.

It's also nigh on impossible to find freestyle products in any chemists etc anywhere near where I live. Everything is through D-uk's shop.

Everything I've read says you have to use the exact strips made for the exact reader, with freestyle. I'm proper regretting going with this brand. Can anyone help?

The test strips for the Libre Reader are the Freestyle Optium, I buy mine off Amazon.

I get my Optium strips on prescription, but my local pharmacy has to acquire them for me, and doesn’t seem to have a problem. Maybe a pharmacy near you would order them in for you privately if you ask.

Thanks both. So they can be used in the freestyle libre 2? Definitely? Not just the earlier or lite models? Sorry to ask, I've just had a real expensive pain with all of this.

So they can be used in the freestyle libre 2? Definitely? Not just the earlier or lite models?
Yes, the strips I use are called FreeStyle Optium. They come in a box of 50 individually wrapped strips. I think they're comparatively costly (and there aren't many meters that use them) so I'm not surprised a pharmacy doesn't hold them in stock. (And like most test strips, the vast majority are issued on prescription.)

Yes they are usable with the Libre 2 reader. The price of them on Amazon can go up and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back