when you;re ill would increase you're backround or mealtime insullin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
so I'm ill this week. I think it was coming on at the begging of the week. i;ve went for increasing my livermir by half a unit now but might of been a mistake a phone call with someone from team didn't seem to help at all because they not seeing the high numbers I'm seeing as a problem 'as you not getting keytones its not anything to worry about' however high blood sugar is still a problem

so I'm ill this week. I think it was coming on at the begging of the week. i;ve went for increasing my livermir by half a unit now but might of been a mistake a phone call with someone from team didn't seem to help at all because they not seeing the high numbers I'm seeing as a problem 'as you not getting keytones its not anything to worry about' however high blood sugar is still a problem
I hate increasing my basal when I’m ill, because I always worry that the moment I feel better, my BGs will one crashing down. However. If I do pluck up courage to increase, then I always find it easier to control my levels. Especially now I'm on Levemir, because it doesn’t hang around in the system long, and I know that if I increase my morning dose, it’ll be through by bedtime, and I can decide whether to increase my evening dose or not. I'm currently on an increased daytime level (up by 2 units, which is a lot for me) because I'm just not exercising very much in this awful weather, and that makes a big difference to my control. From past experience, when I start exercising again, I’ll have to watch for hypos, but it usually sorts itself out pretty quickly.

I hate increasing my basal when I’m ill, because I always worry that the moment I feel better, my BGs will one crashing down. However. If I do pluck up courage to increase, then I always find it easier to control my levels. Especially now I'm on Levemir, because it doesn’t hang around in the system long, and I know that if I increase my morning dose, it’ll be through by bedtime, and I can decide whether to increase my evening dose or not. I'm currently on an increased daytime level (up by 2 units, which is a lot for me) because I'm just not exercising very much in this awful weather, and that makes a big difference to my control. From past experience, when I start exercising again, I’ll have to watch for hypos, but it usually sorts itself out pretty quickly.yes
yes i also uped my evening one last night. my person I spoke to one the phone just didn't see my issues as a problem. i proberry wouldn't have daied increase my trisbria though when I was on it epasilly wouldn't have had an imerttate effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back