When you feel like your world is crashing down around you

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahb83

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Oh god help me. A lot of you will have followed my progress over the past 12 months in losing a lot of weight and getting my hba1c down from 89 to 38 and maintaining well med free from day one. My depression resurfaced upon being diagnosed with good days and bad, I’m the smallest over been in my life (size 14 was a 24) fittest and healthiest at age 39…….or so I thought. Woke up last friday with vision problems in my left eye which gradually got worse spent the entire day yesterday at the rvi emergency eye department in Newcastle, thought oh has something gone very wrong very quickly with my sugar but no all my stats are excellent and my actual eyes are in perfect health, so it appears now I’m facing something else and I’m beyond anxious. On the slight positive news front the doctor raves about my diabetes that if I hadn’t told them they would have had no clue I was diabetic and also for the first time in my life the small blood pressure cuff got comfortably around my arm. The doctor thinks I have optic neuritis but only time will tell I suppose x

So sorry you're having problems @sarahb83, especially when you've done so well turning your blood glucose around. Hopefully whatever it is will be treatable...sounds like you got help straight away which is always a good thing to do. Fingers crossed for you x

That is very scary. I hope you get it sorted.

So sorry you're having problems @sarahb83, especially when you've done so well turning your blood glucose around. Hopefully whatever it is will be treatable...sounds like you got help straight away which is always a good thing to do. Fingers crossed for you xThe doctor expects everything to return
So sorry you're having problems @sarahb83, especially when you've done so well turning your blood glucose around. Hopefully whatever it is will be treatable...sounds like you got help straight away which is always a good thing to do. Fingers crossed for you x
The doctor expects everything to go back to normal on its own but needs to know what the likelihood is of me having further episodes like this, it’s not making me feel any better though honestly I’m just urgh anxious and so drained, was a bit shocked at blood pressure though I thought it would be sky high cos obvs I was extremely upset in the hospital but was 120/80 so I was pleasantly surprised I mean I don’t suffer from raised blood pressure normally but I did think considering the circumstances it would have been a bit raised but no at least was still what it should be along with my bg lol x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back